• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2 Important Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey everyone, havent been on this site for a while..
n e ways, my first question is...
Im in the process of making my footies map, but when a unit is sold, there is lag before the camera pans to the players start locations, and it takes a while for the hero to show....how can i fix this?

second question. im trying to make a spell, that involves one target...the spell starts off by creating units in a circle around the picked target. once the units are created. they each cast stampede, then they get removed. this is my script so far, and its not working, wat should i do to improve it/ to make it work??

Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

(Ability being cast) Equal to Ambush

For each (Integer A) from 1 to 11, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Ambush Dummy 1 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 600.00 towards (((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00) + ((Real((Integer B))) + 11.00)) degrees) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede (Target point of ability being cast)
Wait 5.00 seconds
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Level 11
Just one thing and the code is perfect... The thing that prolly happens to you is that only one unit at a time is created. Whenever you want to create things instantly or make things instantly in more repetitive loops, do not use WAIT. It's not like in Every Unit in Group... The loop executes all the actions into it again and again. The repeats are not all instantly taken... They happen one by one... So, to solve this just add a 5 seconds expiration timer to the (Last Created Unit). Search for this action into the Unit- section.

Oh, and chance "An Unit Begins Casting an Ability" with "An Unit Starts The Effect of An Ability"

Level 4
I dont know what you have going on with the angle degree part for the unit spawns. If you want a perfect circle do Integer A x 32.7 degrees.

Also for the lag part it might be caused by a long loop or alot of unit spawns/special effects.

Level 5
ty guys u helped a lot, but for the slow hero spawn, i cant seem to figure out the problem, so if i could email some one my triggers and u can look at them it would be sick. thats one of the main problems and it has to be resolved, hopefully without removing any triggers, if that is not possible then i guess we will have to. once again thx for ur help.

Status
Not open for further replies.