• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Stacking Merchenaries

Level 26
Hi! I ve been trying to make a card game using mercenaries as "cards" and I cannot seem to be able to stack them. I set their max number to 32 and when i use the trigger to give the building one more of that type of mercenary, it simply doesn't work. Can somebody give give me a working trigger, which gives a building a mercenary and if it already has that mercenary, increase the number of charges by 1?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Fourth post in the first thread gives an idea of the problem:
Take note that remove item/unit from stock only works in the Item/Unit is added to the shop via triggers...
Second post in the second thread provides even more information:
Adding and removing unit stock with triggers is a bit funky though, you can't manipulate unit stocks that are default to the merc camp in the object editor, so you'll instead have to add them through a separate trigger at map initialization or something. Also, you need to make sure that your merc camps have the "Sell Units" ability, otherwise it also doesn't work.