• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Let AI buy lumber, hire mercenaries and buy Shredders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hello there,
I am working on an AI script to for freelancers in my custom map: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tdauth/wowr/master/ai/Freelancer.ai
Freelancers are basically heroes only with only one main building who cannot collect gold or lumber and cannot train units.
However, I want them to hire mercenaries all over the map. Their main building produces some food and some shops sell lumber as well.
I was wondering if there are some flags I could set or do I really need custom triggers?

I could give the AI some lumber every X seconds if they are not able to buy mercenaries and in the end I will probably auto summon some mercenaries and add them somehow to the attack group but it would be much cooler to have some native functions like PurchaseZeppelin. It would look much better to see AI going to buy lumber and to hire mercenaries from camps.

Here is another thread with no answers: [AI] - Need help with making my AI to buy units. Can you help ?

Another thing I would like to add to the Warlord AI scripts who build bases is that they buy Shredders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.