• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hello hiveworkshop community, I would like to know if this can be done to a spider, since I want to create a map where the spiders jump from the ceiling or climb the walls by detonator... and if it is on the ceiling it falls to the floor by gravity the same for walls .. thank you very muchSpiders

Attachments

• resident-evil-2-spiders.gif
    resident-evil-2-spiders.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • resident-evil-2-spiders.gif
    resident-evil-2-spiders.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • tumblr_pchxw07JYX1r7sijxo1_400.gif
    tumblr_pchxw07JYX1r7sijxo1_400.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
Level 36
Please tell me what you're phobically scared of and I'll find some gifs of that jumping off walls for you!

Heights you say? Clowns, or maybe--- Knees? No problem!

In all seriousness, I think you'd be better off posting this in the Modeling & Animation section.

Now, I'm no model's expert, I reckon I'm not even a novice, or not even the dirt under the novice's shoe, but I think this is most easily done by animating the spider with a sideways and upside-down animation, and then have a transition animation for the standard ground morph.

Though I guess, if you're a code wizard, or you know a code wizard, it could potentially maybe possibly be done with triggers or something as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.