• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells/Attacks at Position of Cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Does anyone know how to make an attack (or a spell modified to fill a "units attack" if the standard attack stats wont work) at the point or location of your mouse?

For example, I'm wanting to use a 3PS sort've design here. WASD the movement control, space bar to fire, 1-4 changes weapons.
When Space bar is pressed, I want the regular attack to aim in the direction of the mouse and shoot at that direction?. How do you get this to work?

I'll understand if I can't make units strafe. So, having unit facing face the mouse too will be fine.

It might be better to use spells for this, as the only "attacks" that attack ground, well are siege attacks. Unless you want paintballs or knife stabs blowing up peoples guts. o_O;

Level 3
What are trackables?

And, wouldn't their be something friendly enough?? Spell AoEs target by mouse location, and so do "attack ground" attack types. JASS maybe?

EDITED:
One of my thoughts since I understand you cant just make any attack shoot at Terrain Locations, is by using a dummy unit that follows the location of the cursor. Pressing Space Bar would make the player force attack that unit. Using a standard attack have an AoE would get the effect I want damage wise on other real player targets (as I've done that much before), but getting the dummy to be at every location the cursor goes is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.