• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells/Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Here is a list of completed abilities/spells that are done and not done. Spells with an X represents a completed spell, ~ means that the spell is bugged, and ? means that the spell has not been made yet and needs someone to make it. Spells that are left blank after the - are spells in progress...

- = PRIEST = -

= Holy =

Smite - X
Heal - X
Flash Heal - X
Greater Heal - X
Lesser Heal - X
Renew - X
Holy Fire - X
Prayer of Healing - X
*Talent* Holy Nova - X
*Talent* Circle of Healing - ?

= Discipline =

Mana Burn - X
Power Word: Fortitude -
Mass Dispel - X
Dispel Magic - X
Inner Fire - X
Power Word: Shield - X
*Talent* Divine Spirit - ?
*Talent* Power Infusion - ?

= Shadow =

Fade - X
Shadow Word: Death -
Mind Blast - X
Shadow Word: Pain - X
Mind Control -
Psychic Scream -
*Talent* Mind Flay - ?
*Talent* Vampiric Touch - ?
*Talent* Vampiric Embrace - ?

- = WARLOCK = -

= Affliction =

Curse of Agony -
Unstable Affliction -
Corruption -
Curse of Weakness -
Curse of Exhaustion -
Curse of Tongues -
Curse of Recklessness -
Curse of the Elements -
Curse of Idiocy -
Curse of Shadow -
Curse of Doom -
Seed of Corruption -
Howl of Terror -
Drain Mana -
Drain Life -
Drain Soul -

= Demonology =

Summon Dreadsteed -
Summon Felguard -
Inferno -
Summon Felsteed -
Summon Felhunter -
Summon Succubus - X
Summon Voidwalker -
Summon Imp - X
Demon Skin - X
Demonology -
Mana Drain -
Siphon Life -
Drain Soul -
Health Funnel -
Demon Armor -
Fel Armor -
Eye of Kilrogg

= Destruction =

Immolate - X
Shadow Bolt - X
Life Tap
Fear
Create Healthstone
Unending Breath
Create Soulstone
Searing Pain
Ritual of Summoning
Rain of Fire
Shadowburn
Sense Demons
Detect Invisibility
Create Firestone
Banish
Hellfire
Shadow Ward
Create Spellstone
Dark Pact
Conflagrate
Death Coil
Soul Fire
Shadowfury
Ritual of Doom
Create Soulwell
Incinerate
Soulshatter
Ritual of Souls

We need someone to make Druid, Shaman, Warrior, and Mage abilities. If you wish to do just one or two, tell me and I will send you the campaign and you can work on the abilities. Thank you.

Last edited:
Level 15
A test map with abilities

Ok, I did this test map for the abilites in this project. I was focused in develop all the abilities as accurate as possible as WoW.

I've stopped working with this because real life is controlling me most of the time. Anyways this map is for using, so please modify it as you need adding more spells.

What it features:

- Two abilities, not perfect yet.
- A dummy AI, which makes NPC players to follow the user without stuck it when they are near to cliffs.
- A very nice terrain :)

Enjoy.

Attachments

• WOW Spell test.w3x
    103.5 KB · Views: 62
Level 15
*Testing the map now*

Review:
The AI wasn't that bad. I actually liked it. However the Heroes didn't use their spells, sometimes the Heroes would run around stuff and into the wrong direction for a couple seconds. But they follow the main player well and when they revive after dying they come back, which is a good plus. I think we should add this. Anyone else agree/object?

Heroes are not using their abilities because it's necessary to add a trigger to deal with NPC hero learning skills. Anyways, the NPC heroes as soon as they have abilities enabled, they will use them accordingly.

Level 9
- = WARRIOR = -

= Arms =
- Heroic Strike DONE
- Rend DONE
- Charge
- Thunder Clap DONE
- Hamstring DONE
- Overpower
- Mocking Blow DONE
- Retaliation
- Mortal Strike

= Fury =
- Battle Shout DONE
- Demoalizing Shout DONE
- Cleave
- Intimidating Shout
- Execute DONE
- Challenging Shout DONE
- Slam
- Intercept
- Beserker Rage
- Whirlwind
- Pummel DONE
- Bloodthirst
- Recklessness
- Rampage

= Protection =
- Bloodrage
- Sunder Armor
- Taunt DONE
- Shield Bash DONE
- Revenge
- Sheild Block
- Disarm DONE
- Shield Wall
- Shield Slam
- Devastate

= Racial =
- Blood Fury DONE

= Defense =
- Parry DONE
- Block DONE

Bugs:
Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout may not work at some times. This is kind of unpreventable since Battle Shout is melee only and Demoralizing Shout is custom due to the fact tht Blood Fury relies on the same skill. This can usually be fixed if the unit moves.

Progress:
Well right now I'll just pick on spells that seem to be nice to do for the days

-Av3n

Attachments

• WOW Spell test Warrior Skills.w3x
    310.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 9
Here's all the Priest spells tht r made by me & with help form moyack(he basically done Mind Control) these are a backup and do not contain the following spells due to incompleteness of other spells for compatability.

-= Spells not Done =-
- Power Infusion
- Vampiric Touch
- Vampiric Embrace

-= Spells tht are nt suppose to be included due to they're in the expansion set not the original =-
- Shadow Word: Death

-Av3n

Attachments

• WOW Spell test Priest Other.w3x
    173.4 KB · Views: 45
Level 25
The "war3wow-triggers.w3x" map is the spells by Shadow1500 for his IaW RPG map. Spells such as Charge are in it. I'm not sure if NewGen is required.

The two WoW Spell test maps are by Av3n. And I believe the Mind Control map is by Moyack.
~Craka_J

Attachments

• war3wow-triggers.w3x
    182 KB · Views: 40
  • WOW Spell test Warrior Skills.w3x
    310.2 KB · Views: 31
  • WOW Spell test Priest Other.w3x
    170.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Mind Control.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 39
Level 25
"Combat Multiboard.txt" is the script for the multiboard that will be displayed showing your party's HP, Mana, Level, Name, etc.

"Healbars.rar" is the file that holds the images for the HP bars and MP bars for the Combat Multiboard.

"Creep Respawn.j" is a trigger made by HappyTauren. It is to make the respawns of Wc3:WoW more WoW-like. Not sure if there are more files to make this work, but all you need to do I believe is import the trigger to the map. Requires JASS NewGen.
~Craka_J

Attachments

• combatMultiboard.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Healthbars.rar
    8.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Creep Respawn.j
    3.1 KB · Views: 43
Level 25
Icons can be found in Hive's icon resource section.

And thanks Av3n.

Once all spells and triggers above are imported correctly, upload the campaign as a .rar or .zip to either filefront or rapidshare and post a link in here. We seriously need to get a Closed Beta up and ready ASAP because the beta testers are beginning to become hopeless and disappointed.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Well import everything as soon as possible and then have Saitek009 add the rest of the triggers. Once the campaign is ready, upload it to something. If you can, upload it to the ftp server Shados has set up for us. The information for it is in the Team Discussion in the War3WoW forum.
~Craka_J

Level 9
I have encountered the worsest problem: vJass saving + campaigns = Malfunction!.

This is pissing me off bad, just about everything shadow used as well was vJass Im afraid...

The best I can do now is to unVjass the priest spells at least, so HT's creep respawn will have to wait as well. Shadows combat multiboard can stay since it is made out of normal Jass.

This is the worsest scenario I've encountered, I already posted to PitzerMike to fix up the pathin for saving campaigns, but I doubt its gonna be fast.

I've lucky to have a backup copy with just the imported stuff all in there *phew* so I don't have to reverse the spell implementation. I can get a copy of the campaign by the lastest my friday, since unVjassin the Priest spells won't be hard.

For now I gonna make a Custom Script version of CSSafety (using GUI vars).

The spell systems are gonna include: CSSafety, HandleVars and BonusMod + External Functions

-Av3n

Level 25
Sounds great! :grin:
Friday is the deadline pretty much. Also, in the combat multiboard, AFTER you've uploaded the campaign to filefront or our ftp server, make the multiboard display what class you are. I suppose icons will do fine. Hive should have the icons of each WoW class. If not, then in text will be acceptable too.
~Craka_J

Level 9
Im using the version of the campaign sent to me b4 operator updated it. I got all the objects ready to go, the trigger part is what Im worring about. I think the mailbox sys isn't on this as well (Not sure)

-Av3n

Last edited:
Level 9
Yeah it has that area in it, it has the terrain foramtion lays out as well.

It doesn't have the mailbox system though or anything that the one operator gave me though .

Oh I've checked the campaign abit further, not all of the terrain is fully updated as well

-Av3n

Last edited:
Level 9
Well lets say Craka isn't here right now to upload it + I accidentaly deleted my back-up of it and I corrupted the one I have.

I nearly got everything implemented though (through an older version b4 you had it not operator), since these spells aren't final I suggest to continue work on some other file for example Saitek's

In the next hour I got the spells implemented, since this is a closed beta, the testers can comment on the terrain + spells. So much saving practise for me, I've learnt that I need to save with each map not with everyt 2 maps now (thats how i corrupted it I think). I can get operator's campaign 2morrow though

-Av3n

EDIT: DL link with spells + terrain(Mulgore + Valley of Trials) for testing
RapidShare: X (I uploaded the wrong one on rapidshare)
Fileden: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/28/432115/World_of_Warcraft_X_CRAKAJ.w3n (this is the right one)

EDIT2: If I can catch operator I can upload his version in 12 hours (the maxium), then we can just use that one for the closed beta right? Since it won't have the spells but they can test the systems + thts got better terrain

Last edited:
Level 9
Im re-working all the spells now. Yes I am serious.
Also on a spell learning system.

There are 4 different systems used + 1 external function.
These are:
  • BonusMod
  • SimError
  • HandleVars
  • CSSafety
  • Slow Sys
these are listed in the order they are imported into custom script.

And here's a list of completed spells:

- = Warrior = -
- Heroic Strike
- Blood Fury
- Battle Shout
- Rend
- Charge

- = Priest = -
- Power Word: Fortitude
- Divine Spirit
- Mind Control
- Circle of Healing
- Mind Flay

DL Link:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16791&d=1197617517

-Av3n

Attachments

• Wc3WoW Spell Test Map.w3x
    144 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 5
So I guess I should get to work. So the version you uploaded Av3n is mine with your spells(except for the newly posted ones) in it? None of Operators work is in it? Just checkin'
So I'll be adding:
-Money Sys
-Newly posted spells by Av3n
-Probably some bug fixes but they wont be my top priority

What else do you want/need me to do?

[EDIT]
After I'm done should I send it back to operator so he can re-add his stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.