• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spellbook Help {Easy To Fix}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
[Solved] Spellbook Help

Hello, I have this game where one person controls a hero which is bascially, in my game, Lord of the Lords. He has a spellbook abillity called: 'God Powers' which includes different versions of a modified version of shockwave made to, once selected, do a specific action, such as kill a unit, create a tree, create a gold mine, level up a hero.

Only problem is, I added a second spell, with copy and paste and it appears as though once I cast my 'Hero Level Up' spell on a hero, it will then kill the hero as it seems to activate my 'Kill Unit' abillity at the same time. This causes a problem for me. I know there is a specific property to adjust to fix this and would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

My thanks, Alex.

Last edited:
Level 33
Having same ability (except Channel and Charge Gold and Lumber) on a same unit will have overlapping of Spell Order ID which will cause the unit to cast more than 1 spells at a time (only with overlapped spells).

The only way to solve this is to base it off of another ability (Channel) for example.
The ability name is Channel, not a channeling-based abilities.

Channel does nothing but a simple, dummy spell.
The cons is that you have to recreate the effect via trigger.

For example if you have 2 Shockwave-based abilities in that Spell Book, just leave it be one of the Shockwave, and the other one has to be replaced by Channel.

Now, this Channel doesn't have anything and you have to recreate the shockwave-like spell via Trigger Editor.

It's a long journey but it saves you from having overlapped Spell Order ID.

Level 3
Having same ability (except Channel and Charge Gold and Lumber) on a same unit will have overlapping of Spell Order ID which will cause the unit to cast more than 1 spells at a time (only with overlapped spells).

The only way to solve this is to base it off of another ability (Channel) for example.
The ability name is Channel, not a channeling-based abilities.

Channel does nothing but a simple, dummy spell.
The cons is that you have to recreate the effect via trigger.

For example if you have 2 Shockwave-based abilities in that Spell Book, just leave it be one of the Shockwave, and the other one has to be replaced by Channel.

Now, this Channel doesn't have anything and you have to recreate the shockwave-like spell via Trigger Editor.

It's a long journey but it saves you from having overlapped Spell Order ID.

Sound great, thanks guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.