Spellbook Build Structures 2 Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I made a "Build Structures 2" ability based on the spellbook ability. I changed the order ID, and the "Build <insert structure here>" abilities are added. But why it doesn't work properly?

1) Why buildings built via this ability doesn't require repair during construction?
2) Why only one type of building can be constructed?

Attachments

• MegaCraft%201%20Epsilon%20Demo.w3x
    10.3 MB · Views: 52
Level 19
I think you can avoid the first problem by replacing the building built with the ability with the actual unit, setting its construction progress(I'm pretty sure there was an action like that) and ordering the caster to build it.

Also, why the build <insert name here> abilities in a spellbook don't work?

What do you mean? When you have abilities with the same order string then they collide and you can cast only the one with the highest 'priority' that the unit(or spellbook) has. I think it was something like, top left was the highest priority.

Level 19
nope.

im assuming your referring to the Build Tiny abilities, which the order string is for the cooldown iirc. Both of your problems are traits of the build tiny ability.

Level 19
whats usually used is an ability that will replace the unit into an identical unit except with diffferent buildable structures

Level 12
with AI I would say no:/ it would be the same thing, like you have to create your own AI that "knows" he has to morph for building further:/
but IDK if two trainable workers would mess it up either... try out more options and see what works out the best

Status
Not open for further replies.