• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Spell through ennemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
You can achieve this with a dummy unit that has an ability like cloak of flames to damage enemy units nearby.
With a trigger that would activate whenever your desired unit attacks or uses such a spell, create that dummy and give it the order to move from your desired unit's position to the target, and remove the dummy upon reaching target.
You can give your dummy the appearence of any projectile art you desire and change its movement speed as well.

Level 17
and give it the order to move from your desired unit's position to the target
this is not an option, instead, move your units step by step in small intervals, so it appears as it would move. This is venmoancers venomous gale which basically throws shadow strike on enemies on contact.
so all you do is move the unit, check for opponents in range, and cause your projectile dummy to cast shadow strike on them (unless they are already affected by shadow strike buff)

Level 2
Shouldn't my method work as well? Why is it not an option to order a unit to move via trigger? I can swear I saw this command somewhere, should be easier to do in the editor, and save a lot of trouble...

Level 17
There might be pathing issues, it will look weird when you pass over terrain of different height, you cannot order your dummy to cast a spell without reodering it to move, you are limited to 522ms speed

In theory, it might work, but it is not a really "clean" solution that comes with a lot of downsides

Level 12
If all you want is a projectile that deals damage to units it pass through then you can just use the regular shockwave, crushing wave, or carrion swarm with 0 triggers required...

Level 2
If all you want is a projectile that deals damage to units it pass through then you can just use the regular shockwave, crushing wave, or carrion swarm with 0 triggers required...

Oh now I feel dumb... Like really really dumb...
Why did you have to ruin my day trying to find solutions that don't invole triggers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.