• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell System Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, viewers.

I'm requesting a system of passive spells that towers CAN have, and said passive spell upgrades when that tower gets a certain amount of kills. Each spell is only for One tower and helps it with its main talent.

I need three systems done at the moment, with each system having 10 levels it can go through. Here are these systems:

This system is built for an arrow tower, the most simple tower in the history of TD-games. The effect is that it gives the tower extra attack speed. If you can make the attack speed configurable, I would like that.

This system is built for a Money Tower. This tower gives gold every time it hits, but it has low damage. The effect of this system is that every hit has a percent change to gain, lets say 10 gold. I'd like the percent and the gold gained to be configurable.

This system is built for a Splash Tower. This take has a moderately high damage, medium cooldown and a LARGE splash radius. The effect is that sometimes the splash will increase a large amount for only THAT hit. I'd like the splash range extra and the percent chance to happen.

I'd be happy if this would be written in GUI, and be put onto a demo map.
Anyone who could do these or even one will receive credit in my map and a +rep on the forum.

Level 8
Okay here's the money system. Test map attached.

System Code:

• Money System
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Money System (Money Tower) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • -------- //Set the money gained here: --------
      • Set MoneyGained = 10
      • -------- Set the Chance % (Range of value : 1 <= x <= 100) --------
      • Set Chance = 50
      • -------- //////////////////////////// --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and (100 / Chance)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Add MoneyGained to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current gold
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + (String(MoneyGained))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 80.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.20 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.80 seconds
        • Else - Actions

Attachments

• Money System.w3x
    18 KB · Views: 56
Level 33
Sounds familiar with "Test map attached" line...

EDIT:
For the Arrow System, you can make your Tower from a "unit", just convert the Art - Model File to a Tower-type model, base it of off Peasant or anything
Then, you can use Endurance Aura as base aura to be added to the "tower"

EDIT 2:
I was confused at the first time, sorry
Will create system for you =D

Level 5
Okay here's the money system. Test map attached.

System Code:

• Money System
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Money System (Money Tower) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • -------- //Set the money gained here: --------
      • Set MoneyGained = 10
      • -------- Set the Chance % (Range of value : 1 <= x <= 100) --------
      • Set Chance = 50
      • -------- //////////////////////////// --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and (100 / Chance)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Add MoneyGained to (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Current gold
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + (String(MoneyGained))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 80.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.20 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.80 seconds
        • Else - Actions
Wheres the rest of the system though?
EDIT: Nevermind, I'll make it myself. +Repped and credits are given in my map.

Level 5
Edited test map attached
Sorry for the confusion ^_^

I give you thanks for trying, but I suppose I'm not being 100% clear. The passive upgrade by kills needs to be MUI, and each tower has its OWN kills and spell level. In Other words:
Arrow tower 1 : 5 kills, level 1 arrow speed
Arrow tower 2 : 10 kills, level 2 arrow speed

And so on.
~~DooM

Status
Not open for further replies.