1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell not triggering

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by blacksheepwalll, Jan 13, 2012.

1. blacksheepwalll

blacksheepwalll

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im trying to trigger a spell based on stampede and im using

• Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede temp_point

but for some reason it doesnt work. Any ideas how to solve?

2. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you post the entire trigger, I don't know if this is a problem with Last created unit, temp_point or the spell it's based on...
    There's not enough information.

3. blacksheepwalll

blacksheepwalll

Resources:
    Resources:
    i tried making the dummy visible and took off locust and everything else in the trigger works fine its just not casting

• stampede
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stampede
      • Actions
        • Set temp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
        • Set temp_point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Triggering player) at temp_point2 facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit - Add Stampede (dummy) to (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Set level of Stampede (dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Stampede for (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede temp_point
        • Unit - Add a 30.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point2)

4. shadowvzs

shadowvzs

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    dont have something requiment for Stamped what ur dummy unit use? (like lv6 needed,mana etc)
    or dont work with unit begin casting event ?

5. Meticulous

Meticulous

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make sure the dummy ability has appropriate range and no mana cost. Remove locust from the dummy unit and give it a model so you can select it and see if the ability is being added correctly and can be cast manually.

6. Global_idiot

Global_idiot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Check if the unit has enough mana(better to set mana cost to 0) check cast range, check ability that it does not require level 6 .

Attached Files:

• lvl6.png
      lvl6.png
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
  7. blacksheepwalll

blacksheepwalll

Resources:
    Resources:
    yea i did all that and you can manually cast it no problem the dummy spell has no mana cost and infinite range im using the same dummy for other spells which work fine
    its just this one that has a problem

8. shadowvzs

shadowvzs

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    dummy unit dont ahve too much ability (idk if have a limit or problem with base orderid since when happened with me my dummy unit got too much ability and idk if number was the problem or same base orderid since i deleted all ability from editor and i everytime added the ability with trigger)

anyway u can post the map?

9. blacksheepwalll

blacksheepwalll

Resources:
    Resources:
    heres a map with a copy of the ability
    i left the locust off the dummy and gave it a model

Attached Files: