• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Spell not triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im trying to trigger a spell based on stampede and im using

• Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede temp_point
but for some reason it doesnt work. Any ideas how to solve?

Level 14
Im trying to trigger a spell based on stampede and im using

but for some reason it doesnt work. Any ideas how to solve?

Could you post the entire trigger, I don't know if this is a problem with Last created unit, temp_point or the spell it's based on...
There's not enough information.

Level 5
i tried making the dummy visible and took off locust and everything else in the trigger works fine its just not casting

• stampede
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stampede
    • Actions
      • Set temp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set temp_point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Triggering player) at temp_point2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Stampede (dummy) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Stampede (dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Stampede for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add a 30.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point2)

Level 17
i tried making the dummy visible and took off locust and everything else in the trigger works fine its just not casting

• stampede
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stampede
    • Actions
      • Set temp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set temp_point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Triggering player) at temp_point2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Stampede (dummy) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Stampede (dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Stampede for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add a 30.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_point2)

dont have something requiment for Stamped what ur dummy unit use? (like lv6 needed,mana etc)
or dont work with unit begin casting event ?

Level 11
Make sure the dummy ability has appropriate range and no mana cost. Remove locust from the dummy unit and give it a model so you can select it and see if the ability is being added correctly and can be cast manually.

Level 6
Check if the unit has enough mana(better to set mana cost to 0) check cast range, check ability that it does not require level 6 .

Attachments

• lvl6.png
    lvl6.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 160
Level 5
yea i did all that and you can manually cast it no problem the dummy spell has no mana cost and infinite range im using the same dummy for other spells which work fine
its just this one that has a problem

Level 17
yea i did all that and you can manually cast it no problem the dummy spell has no mana cost and infinite range im using the same dummy for other spells which work fine
its just this one that has a problem

dummy unit dont ahve too much ability (idk if have a limit or problem with base orderid since when happened with me my dummy unit got too much ability and idk if number was the problem or same base orderid since i deleted all ability from editor and i everytime added the ability with trigger)

anyway u can post the map?

Status
Not open for further replies.