• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Spell Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Making any Spell Autocasting
Like this?

Wait... passive skill into autocast, I think you will have to create dummy autocast spell and add passive skill to your unit everytime the dummy autocast is turned on, and remove the ability when it's off.

Level 11
Hey there, how do you make spells into spells that are auto-castable like envenomed spears, I want to turn it into poison arrows, like the searing,frost,cold,black arrows.
There is a hidden hero ability in the Object Editor. It has the same icon as Searing Arrows, but it has propers of posion missle. It's ID is "AEpa". Find it. Press Ctrl+D to view ID's of objects.
And how do you turn Warcraft 3's models into Grey Statues?
I don't understand. Please, give me more detailed question.

Level 11
So there are already poison arrows there, hidden from plain sight?
The ability you need has ID: AEpa
Your actions:
Move to ability editor
Press Ctrl+D
Press Ctrl+F
Enter AEpa and mark regisrty below the text
Press Enter
Enjoy
And I want the models in Warcraft 3 to become statues, in this case the Naga Siren
No you need to upload custom models. You can also freeze units and make their vertex color as gray, but it woul look very cheap.

Level 10
Can you do a step by step on that, I need statues for a template I'm working on. Thank you :)

You're right, there is a Poison Arrows ability already, I did recall that, but since I can't remember a hero or unit using this, I said it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me, but I double thought of it again.
Found it.PNG

Level 11
You're right, there is a Poison Arrows ability already, I did recall that, but since I can't remember a hero or unit using this, I said it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me, but I double thought of it again.
It's hidden ability. Look Like blizzards wanted to create few more heroes, but they decided to not do that.
Can you do a step by step on that, I need statues for a template I'm working on. Thank you :)
I need a time.

Level 11
Take your time, My template is far from over, Thank you for your help.
All right. Let's do this:
I've made a template for you, but here is my manual:
1. Questions
Why I need loading event?
-Because after game loaded again all units reset their animations, but we are interested to create original pose of each statue.
Why fade screen on loading event
-Player mustn't see moving statues while statue trying to find a required pose.
2. Create a Statue
1) You need to create a unit and call it "Statue XXX" (no quotes)
where XXX - name you want, but Statue must stay
2) Add them the ability "Insect" (like Crypt Lord minions after using ultimate - these small fleas have ability Insect, that allow to not choose them)
3)Do visal things like scale, vertex colour, physic size at your own.
4)Put your new unit on the map.
3. Find required animation
1)Go to trigger "STATUE CHECKING". You will find there 5 strings.
2)Copy these 5 strings and paste it under existing ones, BUT after the paste change new "Set unit = Statue Knight" to "Set unit = Choose your new unit on the map". Your unit would be automatically added to dummy group on loading game or map initialization event.
3)Load the game and enter in chat -XXX YY
where XXX - animation speed (%), YY - animation index
4)All units in dummy group would play 1 sec animation by index YY with animation speed XXX %.
5)You need to find such combination of XXX and YY that your unit would be freezed in the pose you like.
6)When you found good combination of XXX and YY, write it somewhere (on the paper or in the Trigger commentary section)
(For example I created Statue Knight and I found that pose after 1 sec animation with index 5 and animation speed 200 gives me a good pose (i entered in chat (-200 5) and write in the trigger commentary section "Statue Knight 0003: 200 5".)
4. Final
1)Return back to "STATUE CHECKING" trigger and change "Save XXX as 1 of integer in HASHTABLE" "Save YY as 0 of integer in HASHTABLE"
where XXX, YY is combination you remembered for your unit.
2) Load your map
3) Profit.
XXX = (0-999)
YY = (0-99), but usually units have up to 15 indexes max.

IF you understand it, it wouldn't seem sooo hard for you. It's easy.

Attachments

• STATUES.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.