• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell / Loading screen request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I request 2 things. 1: Help and information on how to make a custom ability go from TFT to RoC.
2: how to imput a custom loading screen under the "default loading screen" area.

Rewards:: 50% Credit on the map at hand code named "Snipers of the lost Arc" which is a counter version of Elite Snipers 2.0 - 3.0 because they are all Protected. And we all know how much we hate protection.

Level 2
haha

Ok so its hard... i know that. why do you think im asking for help on a forum? the origional people who know how to do this wont tell me how they did it. theres no information that i can find relevent for this topic through either google or yahoo search engine and the fact is i really need these things to make my map complete. i can do without the loading screen if the ability could be fufilled.

Level 13
I think I know how can you do 2):

- Prepare any loading screen.
- In World Editor, set loading screen to Credits.
- Save map & quit editor.
- Now you have two ways: if you have just TGAs for your loading screen, do following:
- Get any TGA->BLP converter [Wc3 Image Extractor II, etc.]
- Get any MPQ editor [Ladik's MPQ Editor, WinMPQ, etc.]
- Convert all your loading screen TGAs to BLPs.
- Open your map with MPQ editor.
- Import all [4] BLPs into your map and set their paths to "UI\Glues\Loading\Backgrounds\Load-Credits\xxx", where xxx is "Credits-Loading-BotLeft.blp" for bottom-left part, "Credits-Loading-BotRight.blp" for bottom-right, "Credits-Loading-TopLeft.blp" for top-left, and "Credits-Loading-TopRight.blp" for top-right one. Bottom-left and bottom-right part size must be 512x256, top-left and top-right must be 512x512.

...else, if you have *.mdx loading screen, do:
- Get any MPQ editor [Ladik's MPQ Editor, WinMPQ, etc.]
- Open your map with MPQ editor.
- Import your loading screen MDX file into map archive and set its path to "Load-Credits.mdx".
- Import all its textures to map and set their pathes [you can find them in model's description/readme]

Status
Not open for further replies.