• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Level Up System (Dominating the spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First of all, Hi Hiveworkshop!!!

I create this thread because i want a system for my orpg, but i dont know too much about triggers

the system is:

"Level up the spells of the hero by using it, every time that the heroe use the spell he gain points of dominating (1 to 3, random) when he get 100 points the spell level up. for all heroes all of the 4 spells"

Things that you need to know:

*My Map is for 10 players
*Hero Selection doubleclicking
*Spell add for the heroe by enter a region
*My map has class (only the subname of hero) of heros and i added the spell by heroe, can you help for get more efecctive?:

Arthas enter region add x y z spell
lich enter region add q w e spell
and like that, can i set something like, because every hero have diferent spells

*The spells need a upgrade (like blacksmith) when you get a specified level you can adquire the ability ( i did it this way for get another space for icon)

See the pictures for more

ADD SPELLS TRIGGER (FIRST TRIGGER)
t7lgm1.png

THE HERO ENTER START REGION
33voklf.png

HE GET THE SPELL WITH THE FIRST TRIGGER

THE TOTEM OF UPGRADES WITH THE 4 LEVEL UPGRADES FOR GET THE FOUR SPELLS
LV10 - 30 - 50 -70
ru460h.png

THE UPGRADE REQUERIMENTS FOR THE SPELLS
2rf8nxc.png

YOU GET THE LEVEL AND CAN CAST THE DUMMY SPELL FOR GET THE UPGRADE
1zyiwqd.png

YOU CAST THE SPELL WITH THE REQUERIMENTS AND GET THE UPGRADE AND THE CHECK
2uoi9mg.png

YOU GET THE SPELLS
2lszog7.png

Thanks all for the help!

Level 10
Pretty easy system. You need a dummy ability for the original. Each time you cast a spell, increase the level of the dummy version. If the dummy version is at level X, then increase the level of the original by 1.
Cast any spell 5 times and it will gain one level in the test map.

Attachments

• Spell Training.w3x
    18.5 KB · Views: 83
Level 5
Thanks a Lot DEE-BOO, thanks so much, i will try the map, can be possible to add a spell book with the dummy spell , to show player the progression of the spell using the dummy?, and how i can add a spell specific to a book?, or i can do it direct to the hero.

see this DEE-BOO

xeimc4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.