• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell ideas to create!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello

I can't make spells as I don't know jass. I also haven't ever downloaded any spell from wc3sear as I don't know how to add them to my maps. I find them very amazing though. Here are some ideas for your spell makers out there:

- Swipe ability (randomly takes any ability from a enemy unit and gives it to the caster)
- Steal lumber (steals lumber from a enemy Town Hall , stealing low amounts of lumber per second shows the -10 floating text for lumber being taken away for all players if seen in green)
- Detonante mine (Automatically detonates a placed mine in 3 seconds, damaging all units in its area of effect)
- Hyper Mode (unit gets stronger as it takes more damage, and its red colour percentage also increases, if at maximum he/she will die)
- Strength (pushes units, moving them away from the caster and taking damage)
- Greater Nap (sleeps a large amount of units around the caster for a long period of time. These sleeping units are not invulnerable and the caster also sleeps)
- Holy Shield (creates a holy shield around a friendly living unit giving bonus armor. Undead units who attack it will burn themselves)
- Track (when used on a enemy or ally building it will show no buff or art. 5 Seconds casting delay. Will give vision to the caster's player and report activities done in the building (such as training units, researching upgrades, being attacked etc) invisibility detecting and heroes can remove this track by going to close to it)
- Restoring slow (slows down hit point and mana regeneration by up to 50%, attack rate is also reduced up to 50% and has a chance to deal 300 damage)

Level 2
with TFT, you can edit spells using the spell-editor of WE, although your spells will need some trigger help to work (eg for mass-sleep, use dead nova but set all values to 0 and duration to maybe 0.1 sec, then a trigger that checks for every unit in that range and creating a dummy unit that casts sleep on all of them).

Steal lumber: Use pillage, set only wood and only townhalls, although that will be a passive ability instead of a spell then, or use Shadow Strike with a trigger to steal the lumber

Holy Shield: Maybe lightning shield with only undeads as targets, though im not sure if you can give bonus armor with that

Level 2
easy

ye afew of them very easy to do
such as detonate and sleep and steal lumber
ive been experimenting with these sorta skills in WEU its really quite fun

ill give some ago and get back to u
give some more ideas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.