• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell ID change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Maybe it was here before,but also...

I want 6x the same spell for example "war stomp", but every each spell will have different icon, text, cooldown, mana cost,damage etc...
And the 6 spells can use one unit without problems...
I think I must change every each spell's ID... but i don't know how...
Any ideas?

Level 5
you can only change the base order id for channel
so then youd have to use triggers
or you have to base them off different spells like thunder clap and warstomp but i dont think theres enough to make 6
otherwise another way of having multiple same order ids on one unit is through putting them in different spellbooks

Level 15
you can only change the base order id for channel
so then youd have to use triggers
or you have to base them off different spells like thunder clap and warstomp but i dont think theres enough to make 6
otherwise another way of having multiple same order ids on one unit is through putting them in different spellbooks

Ok so how can I use triggers for change base Order ID?

Level 5
youd use channel as a dummy spell
then use triggers
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) is equal to war stomp dummy
  • Actions
  • Set temp_point = position of triggering unit
  • Unit - create 'dummy unit' at position of temp_point
  • Unit - add war stomp x to last created unit
  • -------- ^ that warstomp would be the actual skill you want based off of war stomp --------
  • Unit - Set level of War Stomp x for (Last created unit) to (Level of War Stomp Dummy for (Triggering unit))
  • Unit - issue last created unit to tauren cheiften - war stomp
  • Unit - add expiration timer 2 secs
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)

Last edited:
Level 11
or just use a channel ability, warstomp, thunderclap, roar, taunt, and last: fan of knives.
just edit all details about em, remove effects, sfx, damage, taunt effects, etc etc etc..
and you'r good..

Level 15
or just use a channel ability, warstomp, thunderclap, roar, taunt, and last: fan of knives.
just edit all details about em, remove effects, sfx, damage, taunt effects, etc etc etc..
and you'r good..

dont understand what do mean...

youd use channel as a dummy spell
then use triggers
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) is equal to war stomp dummy
  • Actions
  • Set temp_point = position of triggering unit
  • Unit - create 'dummy unit' at position of temp_point
  • Unit - add war stomp x to last created unit
  • -------- ^ that warstomp would be the actual skill you want based off of war stomp --------
  • Unit - Set level of War Stomp x for (Last created unit) to (Level of War Stomp Dummy for (Triggering unit))
  • Unit - issue last created unit to tauren cheiften - war stomp
  • Unit - add expiration timer 2 secs
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)

I toll "war stomp" just like example...
No I can't use triggers for thing i have to make.
I just have to change the ID of a spell.

Level 10
There's no need to change the Id of a spell if you want more of the "same" ability, the editor does that for yourself.
(that goes if you mean the Ability Id you use in JASS, if not then it might be the use ID which is inside teh Data Editor somewhere.)

Level 7
Base it off of channel, then trigger a dummy to cast it

What dardas meant, is that you can use any spells with an insta-click function, then make them dummy spells (remove all damage etc) then trigger them to have a dummy cast the real one.

dont understand what do mean...

I toll "war stomp" just like example...
No I can't use triggers for thing i have to make.
I just have to change the ID of a spell.

you need to trigger it + channel spell because You cannot change the BaseOrderID of spells other than Channel... and its the BaseOrderID which causes the spells of the same kind to bug when placed on one hero...

Channel has an in-editor option to change its BaseOrderID... and there is no trigger that can change BaseOrderIDs

Level 15
I just want 6 same spells in one hero or unit, that can be used and any spell will do something different (you can use every spell with triggers)

Example:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to War stomp 1
  • Actions
    • (Something)
This trigger can be used for all 6 war stomps without any bug.

Level 7
I just want 6 same spells in one hero or unit, that can be used and any spell will do something different (you can use every spell with triggers)

Example:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to War stomp 1
  • Actions
    • (Something)
This trigger can be used for all 6 war stomps without any bug.

So you want to have like 6 warstomps on one unit?

Like its been said manymany times, you going to have to use channel, or others aoe spells.

people already said that you need to use channel or different AOE-instant spells since using war stomp as a base for all the abilities will cause bugs when you cast one, and yet you don't listen...

ofc you can use that trigger without bug but the 6 war-stomp based abilities will bug when you cast one if they are all in one unit... its not about the trigger, its about how the warcraft engine made the abilities system...

Level 5
heres an example map
the triggers all add the same stomp to the dummy so if you wanna change the stats you need to make copies and change which stomp is added in the trigger

but if you look it over you should get the idea

Attachments

• stomp example.w3x
    20.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 15
heres an example map
the triggers all add the same stomp to the dummy so if you wanna change the stats you need to make copies and change which stomp is added in the trigger

but if you look it over you should get the idea

Ok thanks

Also there is last question :D
Is there any way how to change unit's Animation damage point and unit's Animation backswing point? No matter if with JASS or triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.