• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Help: Heart of Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need help with a spell that I'm making called Heart of Ice. It should be based on Avatar because it has some similar effects:

Heart of Ice:
When Heart of Ice is activated, the hero recieves 15 bonus armor and spell immunity (From Avatar). Any melee unit that attacks the hero will have its movement and attack speed reduced (Like Frost Armor). If the hero dies while under the effect of heart of ice, it will come back to life (Reincarnation Style).

It would be great if someone could do this in Jass because it should be multiinstancible.

Level 11
Ok... I will try to do it ASAP! I may finish it tomorrow since now I am a little busy but I will do it. Oh, if you can do it yourself I can give you a piece of advice how to make it multi instance. Make sure all variables are arrays with 16 positions and set the value to stuff like "Player Number of (Owner of (Casting Unit)) or Player Number of (Triggering Player)". That should work in most of the cases! You can also check some of my spells. Armageddon is a bad example because it takes too much to implement but I'm trying to improve it.

Level 5
Can't get the reincarnation part to work. I tried doing Event-If Unit dies
Condition-Unit has specific Buff Heart of Ice
Actions:- Revive hero instantly, hide lvl up
- Add ability Reincarnation to unit
- Kill Unit.

Appearently the buff is removed from the unit when it dies, so none of the actions take place. The frost armor is all set, and so is the Avatar part, i just need the reincarnation.

Level 11
Umm... You can also make an auxiliary trigger.

Event - An unit is attacked
Conditions - Unit has buff (your buff) equal to trur
Actions - Wait 0.50 seconds.
- If (Attacked Unit) is dead equal to true then Hero
Then - Revive unit instantly at position of dying unit.
Else - Do nothing

Heh, that should do it I guess.

Level 5
Hmmm... I'll try it. But I want it to have a longer pause between death and revival, like reincarnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.