• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Problem - "Act of Ice"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

I'm working on a very nice Campaignm but my best Spell doesn't work. The Name of the Spell is "Act of Ice", it's a new Blizzard with new functions and the Hero can learn it when he's at the sixth Level. Its an Ultimate Spell. I have tried to make this Spell with the basic of the "Monsoon"-Spell. The spel looks like this:

When you click on the Spell a Big region appears, it has the size of the Region from the "Rein of Chaos"-Spell from Archimonde. Then the Hero casts ist. Waves of the Blizzard things are raining on the Enemies an there is my problem: when a wave hits an enemy he should be stunned with the "Frost-Nova"-spell. How can I make the Enemy stunned with the "Frost-Nova"-Spell when a Blizzard Wave hints it??

Can someone help me?

Level 11
Well... you need to have a loop as well which ends whenever the caster stops casting the blizzard. In it calculate how much takes the shards to fall on the ground. There should come a wait. Then you should pick up every enemy unit, cast a frost nova on them which does no damage and also, create other dummy units and order them to cast Storm Bolt on the units. Again, no damage but instead set the duration to how much you want the stun to last. Hope this helps you!

~Daelin

Level 9
I hope that you can still be able to read this post of mine. But to solve your problem you will just have to customized a frost wyrm's freezing ability so that it will affects units also increase AOE & give this ability to your dummy unit. Make a code that says something like; order last created unit to attack-once random unit w/n etc...of the position of casting unit. Give the dummy unit a degenerative hitpoints or you can include wait then remove last created unit but I think this will conflict simply because you have other created units in your code. Just my opinion. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.