• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Spell Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, I tried making my second spell, I'm going to describe what is the spell.

Okay, the spell is based on the Storm Bolt ability. When you cast the spell on the enemy, it is supposed to do a Breath of Fire Nova around the Targeted unit. Thats my problem, there are no nova when I cast it on the enemy.

• Flame Granade Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Granade
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TargetLoc = (Position of Target)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Flame Granade) for (Owner of Caster) at TargetLoc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set DummyUnit = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Flame Granade (Dummy Spell) to DummyUnit
          • Unit - Set level of Flame Granade (Dummy Spell) for DummyUnit to (Level of Flame Granade for Caster)
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to DummyUnit
          • Set PolarPoint = (TargetLoc offset by 200.00 towards (45.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Unit - Order DummyUnit to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire PolarPoint
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PolarPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TargetLoc)
I think my problem is in the Trigger or the Object editor. I also attached the map with the ability, you can check it out.

Attachments

• Flame Granade.w3x
    21.3 KB · Views: 47
Level 6
Okay, I found how, the dummy unit cant cast the spell because of not enough mana. But the nova is too early before the storm bolt.

After the storm bolt hits the target, a Fire Nova happens around the targeted unit. But the Nova is way to early, someone teach me how?

Status
Not open for further replies.