• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Damage Based on Hero Stats?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a way that I could make spells that do a set amount of damage, plus a variable that is based upon a certain hero stat (Str,Agi,Int); Like in EotA. Thank You. :roll:

Level 9
When a unit finishes casting an ability, check to se that the ability is one that does damage, and then, use the new damage function to order the casting unit to attack the target with damage equal to a constant X an attribute.

~The_Raven

Level 3
actually you have to use unit starts the effect of an ability as the event, because that's the only way you can use event response - casting unit. The rest of what Raven said is right.

Level 10
over time intervals... jus do like wait every how many seconds and change life of target unit of ability to watever.. or something like that... not very sure with that tho... sorry

Level 4
oki got a simple idea not shure it will work...this is easyer if there only can be one type of each hero but here it goes...

event unit cast spell
condition spell type = to wut ever
actions
set verable _____ to casting unit
then change the casting unit useing the verable in stead of casting unit(theres an action that does this dont know it off hand)it to natral passive
move unit ____ intantly to ____ region
hide ____ unit
then unhind the other unit and move it to ____ unit and change its palyer to the owner of ______(may have to move this to like right before switch)

this can be done just make shure u add waits and time it out i think it will work

Level 7
Re: Thank You, but...

Anjel.Of.Death said:
Yes, thank you for your replies, but what about spells that do damage over time intervals, i.e. Monsoon, Flamestrike, etc.?

use a loop. it's the 2for each integer a do" function.
e.g. "for each integer a from 1 to 10 means", that the following actions are executed 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.