• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi again guys :p
i have read the threat http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=34530
but this is leveling. yes it worx good but i want to have it like in defiance orpg that when u reach a lvl it automaticily the spells go automaticle up and at lvl 1 u have 1 spells and with more lvl u get more spells like all 5 lvl u get 1 spell and then maybe all 5 lvls the spell gets an upgrade.
u can help me maybe?^^
i just checked the defiance map but i cant read the jazz~~ when u want i can post the trigger from defiance :p but in open office it is 117 pages :p
thx for answer

Level 6
Wow... defiances. Try something easier first ^^
Make 100 spell books with 1000 diferent levels of abilities in it..
Than trigger : unit gains a level....remove unit ability....remove old spell book.....add unit ability add new spell book.... But this is lame

I wasnt realy helful wasnt I? xD

Level 4
u really want an answer? :p
i think i can do it better with: i do all spell into the spellbook then i hide (and disable?) the spells i dont want and when he reaches the lvl i unhide (enable ?) spell maybe it is how it worx? but i didnt find enable or hide an spell :p

Level 35
Well I never used a spell book so no idea how it is done...hint: Therefor I dunno if this works in it.

But else my idea would be this: make a trigger with this
event
-Unit gains level

conditions
All- Conditions are true
-triggering unit equal to blabla
-unittype of triggering equal to blabla (this is if the differnt unittypes has differnt abilitys)

Actions
-give (amount of skill points that you have spell for the unit)
-set number of skillpoints to custom value (Points)
-make unit learn (all your abilitys (including those in spellbook))
-looptrigger remove the skills points, exitwhen points = 0

Something like that, only problem is, I dunno if wc3 can make the unit level spells in spelebook... else somekind of dummy unit must have all the spells in spellbook, and then it levels them up, and when the real one use a spell the trigger tells the dummy to use it on the target or at the target zone... but realy no idea if that would work (btw the dummy unit spells should have long long range, and no cooldown. (the real heroes spell should be the same as the dummy's, but not with the same range and so.))

Then the event would be
unit is effectet by (use when the ability effects a unit) or unit begins casting an ability (only use if none is targeted by the ability)... but this would reguire many triggers, so if first sulution works that would be much much more simpel.

This could propably be done very easy in JASS, but only just learning that.

Level 4
one of my mistakes was triggering units is lvl 5 as example BUT if unit jumps this lvl coz it from a quest so much xp the trigger wouldnt activate!

Level 4
it worx also without coz it checks now if unit is equal to lvl or higher :p
so its more confortalbe coz it will be easier fore loadingsystems

Status
Not open for further replies.