• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey, I created a Spell Book and add skill via triggers, or actually I turn off all skills for certain player :/ and after he get a level I turn it on so he can use it, there problem is when I use skill whole Skill Book have cool down =.= is there any way to make it cool down just a spell? if possible give me good spell book trigger or something I have read threads on forum but their not what i am looking for. I want to have spell book where I can add certain skill at certain level and change those skills to different at other levels(upgrading skill from level 1 to level 2) automatically via triggers, also I want passives in spell book, but from what I read passive skills have their effect even if we disable them so I dont know anymore. any help is appreciated :)

Level 28
1) Spell Books have a value in the object editor called "Data - Shared Spell Cooldown".
If false, then each spell will have its own individual cooldown.
If true, the entire spell book will be put on cooldown if any spell is cast.

2) Disabled passive abilities do not retain their effects, you're free to use that.

Level 19
Disabled passives do not retain their effects (as apoc said) but they do if u put them in a spellbook and disable that spellbook

Level 1
thanks alot both of you :) +REP for help

@if possible can you tell me a good way to make skills level up inside spell book when character reach certain level? should I simply create second skill in data editor(level 2) and remove/add after character reach certain level? also if I disable passive skill and after this I disable spellbook, will passives work?

Level 19
setting the level of a skill thats inside of a skillbook will raise the level of the skill inside the spellbook (i believe) so if u give the spell 10 levels than increase it it should start at lvl 1 than go 2>3>4>5>etc

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Or u can do like this:
+Create upgrade (in the Upgrade Object Editor) for each spell.
+With each spell, turn on the check tech tree dependance and add the require upgrade to each spell.
+When ur hero level up, if it reaches the certain level, a certain upgrade will be leveled up through trigger.

Level 1
thanks both of you and sorry for not explaining it :/ My spells will be stats depending, that means damage dealt will be like 2x agi etc. so each spell will be triggered and If I can remember correctly spells like this must have only 1 level to work properly :>

Level 1
ok so is there any condition checking level of character spell? and action for upgrading character spell to level 2? of course inside spellbook

Level 12
ok so is there any condition checking level of character spell? and action for upgrading character spell to level 2? of course inside spellbook

• (Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
Integer Comparison > Unit - Level of Ability for Unit

• Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit) to 2
Unit - Set level of Ability for Unit

you could make the damage dealt like this
  • Set DamageDealt = (((1.00 x (Real((Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit))))) + 1.00) x (Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))))
so when the level of ability is 1

damage dealt would be

(((1 x (1)) +1) x Agi)
= 2 x Agi

when the level of ability is 2

damage dealt would be

(((1 x (2)) +1) x Agi)
= 3 x Agi

and so on...

Level 1
  • (Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
Integer Comparison > Unit - Level of Ability for Unit

• Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit) to 2
Unit - Set level of Ability for Unit

you could make the damage dealt like this
  • Set DamageDealt = (((1.00 x (Real((Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit))))) + 1.00) x (Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))))
so when the level of ability is 1

damage dealt would be

(((1 x (1)) +1) x Agi)
= 2 x Agi

when the level of ability is 2

damage dealt would be

(((1 x (2)) +1) x Agi)
= 3 x Agi

and so on...

thanks alot ^^ but I dont understand one thing, if my character level 1 skill have damage 1x agi and I want second level of this skill to deal 2x agi then I need to create another trigger with condition "acid bomb skill level is equal to 2) and then add damage via triggers 2x agi?

Level 28
if my character level 1 skill have damage 1x agi and I want second level of this skill to deal 2x agi then I need to create another trigger with condition "acid bomb skill level is equal to 2) and then add damage via triggers 2x agi?
No, that is incorrect.
It works like this:
Deal (abilityLevel * agi) damage​
As you can see, this works for all levels, no ITE is required.

• Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Acid Bomb
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real(((Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) x (Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
This always work, no matter what level Acid Bomb is.
At level 1 it will deal 1*agi damage, at level 2 it is 2*agi and so on.

Level 1
No, that is incorrect.
It works like this:
Deal (abilityLevel * agi) damage​
As you can see, this works for all levels, no ITE is required.

• Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Acid Bomb
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real(((Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) x (Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
This always work, no matter what level Acid Bomb is.
At level 1 it will deal 1*agi damage, at level 2 it is 2*agi and so on.

I see thanks, that will help with leveling ability :) and +REP For you and other who helped

Status
Not open for further replies.