• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Spell Book Abilities (like in FF Forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im trying to finish a set of models with there abilities, but i would like to put the abilities into a book like the Final Fantasy Forever group did.

e.g. Level 1 click on the book the first spell is able to be used but only that one. then random levels for the next spells to be able to unlock.

Just the basic way of forming a book with abilities in it. But understand this I dont want them to disapear from inside the book and be placed in the default area where my Attack/Patrol/hold position icons are. :D

If any 1 could help it would help me Very much (maybe send me a script/file of some sort that i can look over.. email is [email protected] thank you.

Level 13
the spellbook is a normal ability that comes in wc3 editor. However, it was originally designed for an item (the spellbook, imagine that! haha) anyway, all you need to do is make your ability that goes in the spellbook and then set the ability itself so that it has a requirement level. (i believe under object editor it says something along the lines of "Level Required" or something like that) after setting that the ability should automatically become avaliable after a unit reaches a certain level. However, this will only work if the unit is a hero (mainly because normal units cant gain levels :wink: ) After you create the ability and set the requirement just pick your spellbook and then add the ability to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.