• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello there, I am trying to make a spell effect that loops on a unit until the buff is removed from him.
The spell I am using is inner fire and the effect appears on the unit.
help.png

Now I am running into a issue with this and the issue is as soon as I cast another spell from any unit on any unit the special effect is no longer created on the units with "Divine Blessing". Nothing happens after I cast a different spell. This is where I am at a loss hopefully someone can give me a hand.

EDIT
After doing some further testing I have discovered that the spell effect only appears on the unit casting the spell and not the unit targeted by the spell. If I cast it on multiple units it keeps creating the special effect on the unit that casted the spell.

Last edited:
Level 15
The trigger is not MUI meaning when malultiple units use it it will cause problems. Search for a tutorial on dynamic indexting and mui

Triggering unit is the unit that has caused the trigger to fire in this case its the casting unit. Use target of ability being cast

the effect is created on the ground of where the unit is stnading witch creates a point leak

Also Im not 100% sure on what ur trying to archive

Level 3
Like I said when the ability is cast I want this spell effect to last on that unit until the buff runs out. It's a inner fire spell that last for 3 minutes. So while the unit is buffed by the inner fire spell I want this effect to display on them. Then when the ability is gone from the unit I want the effect to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.