• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Special Item Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok i need to make an item that gives protection from stunning (bash, storm bolt, etc.) so that when a unit holding the item gets stunned it instantly becomes un-stunned. how do i do this? i tried but my trigger doesnt work. here it is:

bash armor
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
((Attacked unit) has buff Stunned) Equal to True
((Attacked unit) has an item of type Armor of Sturdiness) Equal to True
Actions
Unit - Remove Stunned buff from (Attacked unit)

if its like this but somthings wrong then please tell me how to fix it. if its somthing different then help would be greatly accepted and credited.---AlphaChicken

Level 16
Geezbus. I'm not flaming you this time simply because I can flame the n00b skinners with some of my favorite phrases. Anyway, simple because the trigger fires there, you need to check events. Add the events when someone casts, or something like that. I am serious about the part of mechanical stopping stun, the only problem is the omitting of the ability to heal.

!!!!: did you choose the Stunned (Pause) buff? That's the one relating to all stun in the game. Also, put a wait action to delay the dispell simply in case.

Randy, I am getting sick of flaming and this is getting stupid. ONly Immature spoiled 10-year-olds do this :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Level 5
im having a hunch that its aproblem with the event. the unit would gain the buff after it was attacked. is there some other event i can use that would work better? like "unit gains buff" kinda thing?

Level 5
DUDE i never said yours didnt work. but it might also be the event too. i was just wondering. jeez. cuz the event i have might cause some other probs.

Level 5
Hmmm well it's a really hard thing to do. (you can choose something easier)
Because there are so few and so useless events, you cannot do this in a normal way.

First: as my experience goes it is not true that mechanical units are stun-immune. I've seen a Tinker in robot form being bashed by Eredar Warlocks (the one who has the bash dunno if it's the warlock or not)

Second: i have a great experience in using the GenericUnit-Unit Attacked evet, and i'll tell u what is it: This refers to the very begining of an attack. If the knight raises his sword, if the archer begins aiming, if the archmage raises his staff. So it's the time right before the attack. The attack usually comes a half or a quarter second later because of the swing time. In case of missile attacks this time is longer because the missile has to arrive.
So dispelling the bash this way is almot impossible.

But because of the crappy events, you can use the only useful event in the game: that damned periodic one (the reason i call it damned because if you use a lot of periodic events the game will be extremely slow then.)

So the trigger is the following:
event: periodic every 0.1 secs
cond: -
action: unit - pick every unit in playable map area matching: matching unit has a buff: stun(pause)
loop: remove buff by type: stun(pause)

even this will NOT prevent the interruption of channeling abilites by the bash or any stun, just it'll reduce it to 0.1 sec.

Level 8
If this is the only way that you can come up with to do this, then so be it.

However, using periodic events is considered relatively sloppy for a purpose like this, especially when the periodic event has to sort through every unit on the map, and especially when it runs every .1 seconds. Too many triggers like this will cause serious lag issues on your map.

Level 16
Worldofwar is infested with spyware. LOTS of spyware. about 8 different ads hosted that mine data from ur comp.

I can crack maps, but I can't access unit data, imported files, and JASS. Otherwise, I can crack the triggers and sound. I use a program though and am sworn to it as a secret

Edit: THATS IT!!!!! Make a classification like Ancient that is given to the hero!!! Just disallow any stun to happen to that class!!!!! HUZZAH!!! :x stupid stupid stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.