• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effects problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For some strange reason there are certain Special effects that I can't see ingame when im testing my map or playing any other map for that matter. I haven't changed any of my settings recently and I can see the effects fine in WCE. some of the effects are:
- Breath of Fire (Missile one)
- Breath of Frost
- Frost Armor
and afew more that I can't find, but if anyone has anything that could help me out I'd appreciate it, or else i'd have to reinstall Wc all over agian.

Level 11
Are all your options maxed out? (Options such as spell detail) Sometimes thats the problem. Other then that I really don't know what could be the cause...

Level 2
Are all your options maxed out? (Options such as spell detail) Sometimes thats the problem. Other then that I really don't know what could be the cause...

All my details are maxed out, They always are, only reccently I can't see some effects.

If you want them as spells, try remaking them or just make a trigger creating a special effect when the spell is casted! I think this may help you!

Maybe I didn't put it right, the spells work fine but its the actual graphics they become "invisible", so if i playing a game if an enemy cast breath of fire, I wouldn't see it and wouldn't know.

Level 10
I suppose there's some problem with your graphics then, not with your map. You may try blizzard's technical support, ask the admins of the hive if they know or just you'll have to reinstall wc3. Maybe a bug could have caused this. Try scanning with an antivirus/antispam your warcraft 3 folder. I hope you will find out!

EDIT: Try setting your options to lower details, applying and then resetting them to the details you currently have. Like a refresh to the graphics!

Level 11
Most spells require an attachment for the sfx. Make sure the unit your casting it from/on has the proper attachment location. If it doesn't then the sfx will be invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.