• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with "Special Effect - Set Color Of"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, I am trying to a simple re-color of an ability's effect (Breath of Fire) where the ability instead of being the default orange-ish red color, would instead be a bluish-purple color. I have set up a trigger in the GUI that I assumed would change the color as the name suggests, but the effect still shows up as the basic orange.

I am using a variable set to Special Effects, creating the Breath of Fire effect, and using Set Variable >Last created special effect to assign that specific effect to the variable, then using "Special Effect - Set Color Of" to attempt to change it. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way of doing this?

Level 39
The way those SFX color (and unit vertex color) functions work is they change the intensity of a particular color channel from 0-100%, but they do not shift color channels around. This means that while you can reduce the red color for BoF, you cannot convert its red color channel to blue or green. Since the effect is mostly in the red channel (with a bit of green), reducing the red/green and amping the blue channel will not actually make it appear blue; it will just reduce the red (which is the vast majority of the effect's color). I would suggest you swap the color channels in something like Retera's Model Studio (I presume it can do this but I haven't tried). There may be another easier way to swap the color channels that someone else will post/allude to.

Status
Not open for further replies.