• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effects issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I am working on a mountain area for my map, I am trying to get some snow going for the top of one of the peaks, however, the weather effects will not play or show. If I drag the region attached in the photo half way down the peak the fx will start to show.

I guess, do weather affects not work in higher "altitudes" And as I usually do not add weather into my maps, is there a way to change the height without screwing up everything else, like I do have fog and it makes sense that the fog would only be lower in like passages and valleys but not up high in like tall hills or "Mountain" peaks and such.

Edit: After switching the terrain to wireframe, i've discovered the FX is playing under the terrain

Attachments

• Aleri - Map.png
    Aleri - Map.png
    2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Level 3
It will be normal in game and visual effect height will be applied correctly. This bug only affects visuals in World Editor.
Okay, thank you, unfortunately that is the one thing I couldn't test since I am using the campaign editor and quenching mod keeps getting suspended every time I try to open it

Status
Not open for further replies.