• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effect - FireWork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone!

I was also curious: I want to make fire work in my map. So I made this trigger: (see attachment)

But logically the firework will be shown on the ground, but ofcourse firework aint blown on the ground but in the air! So my question is: how to make this kind of fire work at a certain height, like ehh 100 meters high?

What I did before was just try to make a dummy unit but the units dot was still shown ingame + the fire work effect somehow only showed once and it will propably take more space, so can someone help me a bit?

yours sincerely,

Nazghul_Master

Events
Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of FireWorks1 <gen>) using war3mapImported\Fireworkspurple.mdx

Attachments

• help.JPG
    help.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Level 8
There is a very stupid solution (when i say stupid i mean that it might not work) that could help. I uploaded a map with the test.

You may make a dummy (an invisible one) without any collision size or whatever, but make the unit size high like 6. Then put this dummy onto the area u want. Make the dummy like mine.

In case using the trigger create effect at position of unit use overhead unit (not the one at a target region, the other one)

I wish it could help you.

Attachments

• FlareTest.w3x
    19.7 KB · Views: 58
Level 6
There is a very stupid solution (when i say stupid i mean that it might not work) that could help. I uploaded a map with the test.

You may make a dummy (an invisible one) without any collision size or whatever, but make the unit size high like 6. Then put this dummy onto the area u want. Make the dummy like mine.

In case using the trigger create effect at position of unit use overhead unit (not the one at a target region, the other one)

I wish it could help you.

Thanks! It is a nice one, but instead of the dummy unit I just made the effect take place in a region. But I got 1 thingy, I like the fire work model more than the flare one, how to change it but keeping the firework still take place in the air?

Level 24
try using a dummy unit with a model but tinted completely transparent? i'm not sure how the trigger to tint it would be, but it can be done in RPs

Edit: @RedBlade, i don't mean using a specific model, i mean make it like a footman model and tint it 255255255100 (or 100255255255, depending on whether transparency is first or last)

Level 8
Can u plz upload the model so i try to find a way to make it work ?
EDIT ! Most possibly the model has a problem.... but anyway upload if u want.
If u dont want to upload no problem to me. Though i wont be able to help u.

Disclaimer - -
I wont use this model in a map of mine or a map im helping to get on without asking the actual owner of the model/attachment/effect or whatever it is. I wont change it or give it away saying its mine. I will not watch again Star Wars 3 becouse i hate to see JediZ die .... (dont ask me why I added this last one)

Level 8
If you are keen to use a flying unit as the target of the special effect, then the best possible solution is to find a model that has both A) no visible parts and B) a position reference.

The problem with most models is that they have body parts, which you don't want. The problem with no model is that it doesn't have any points to reference when attaching your effect (which is why it will never show).

The attached model would work for you. It's a model with no visible parts and one position reference, "origin".

Attachments

• OriginRef.MDX
    928 bytes · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.