• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Special ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
how do i make an ability with few abilitys in it:

i want to make an ability called vampire rage
i want it to increase life, damage, damage speed,
and movement speed

can anyone help?

Level 5
Make an upgrade what increases speed, attack speed, max HP, and base dmg. This supposed to have as many levels as the ability. (this will be the VampireRageUpgrade)

Make a 2 triggers:

events:
a unit enters playable map area
conditions:
unit type of entering unit = A Hero what has this ability.
Actions:
Set varaible: VampireHero = entering unit

the second one:

events:
every 1 seconds of game time
conditions:
-
actions:
If:
VampireHero has a buff vampire rage
Then:
Player - set tech level of VampireRageUpgrade for owner of VampireHero to level of vampire rage for VampireHero.
Else:
Player - set tech lev for VampireRageUpgrade fo owner of VampireHero to 0

Level 4
You can't set a tech level (upgrade) to a level lower than it already is. There is no going backwards.

Also, any suggestion which uses a 1 second periodic trigger is going to kill map performance. You should seriously consider an alternate approach.

Original poster, you didn't specify if this is a unit or hero ability, and you didn't say if it's a passive permanent ability or something which is actively used and wears off after a time.

If it's for one unit and permanent passive, use the upgrade approach. Add levels to the upgrade whenever the hero learns another level of the ability.

Otherwise, your best approach is to create item abilities that do the effects you want, and remove/add them when the hero uses the ability.

You could use dummy caster units with modified Bloodlust for attack speed and movement speed, and dummy casted Inner Fire for damage, but I can't think of an ability besides Avatar that increases life (and that adds in magic immunity).

Level 5
Hmm i didn't know u cannot un-research techs.. that's sad...

Oh roar provides: extra armor, extra dmg, extra life regen. Where's the speed and attack rate?

But, i've an other solution: make a morphing ability (if it's an active spell) like Metamorphosis. Change the original unit to the Vampire Hero, and the unit that it will morph into to a same looking unit as the VampHero, but make it to have better speed and attack rate and attack dmg. More hp is provided with the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.