• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spawning crates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

Ham

Level 5
is there a way to spawn crates all over the map? (with the custom item list) which is needed for their drops. thanks beforehand :)

Last edited:
Level 12
This might help:
  • Spawn Crates
    • Events
      • Whatever
    • Conditions
      • Whatever
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) between 1 and Whatever do Actions:
        • Actions
          • Destructible - Create 1 Crate at (Random position in Playable Map) facing (Random Angle)
This probably leaks like hell, but correct me.

First off make a unit.. just any unit (not a builder preferably) change model file to the crate doodad also get rid of his shadow then make this trigger

• Events
    • Time - Every (how long you want in between spawns) seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Create 1 (Dummy unit) at a random position in (playable map area)
Play around with that to fit what you want/need

Ham

Ham

Level 5
ok i knew this already, thanks, but i wanted to set this unit /doodad to have the custom item list i made for its drops

Ham

Ham

Level 5
That can also be added via triggers (either by spawning upon death or by adding the item table itself - most preferable the first option).

Uhhh, i've got a doodad and an unit to test it, both of them drop items upon death (item list) but i want the new doodads / units of crates drop these items too when i make a tigger for "create..." it just makes the unit, and not the list, what should i do?

Level 12
Every X seconds of the game,
If UnitCount of Crates is > MAX,
set point = randomnumberX randomnumberY
create crate at point
destroy point

Ham

Ham

Level 5
ok what about the drop list, so when anyone kills it it has a chance to drop any of these items in the list ?

Status
Not open for further replies.