• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

spawn..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hi.

have you ewer played a maul? if, then you´ll know wath im talkintg about.

4 ewery 1 els::: i got this map i´w done really nice:grin: but! i want 2 make a repeating monster spawn that uses a timer window 2 inform wen the next wave is arriving. i just dont know how 2 start the timer window first AFTER all the attacking enemys are dead. well hope you´ll understand.:coolgrunt:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I don't play mauls very often, but for the description you gave me, you could create a variable for Unit Groups. Then, set the unit group to the units in the region (make sure all units are caught), and create another trigger to check every X second(s) for when the group is empty.
I cannot give you a good example since I rarelly play mauls/TDs and I've never worked on one, but here's a try:

Code:
Spawn
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Events[/B][/COLOR]
        Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
    [COLOR="Lime"][B]Conditions[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Silver"][B]Actions[/B][/COLOR]
        Unit - Create 1 Dark Troll for Neutral Hostile at (Center of ([I]YourRegion[/I])) facing (...)
        Set [I]UnitGroup[/I] = (Units in ([I]YourRegion[/I]))

In case you've got more than one spawn point, maybe you should use arrays.
Another example:

Code:
Spawn
        Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 Dark Troll for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (YourRegion)) facing (...)
        Unit - Create 1 Dark Troll for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (AnotherRegion )) facing (...)
        Trigger - Run Timer <gen> (checking conditions)

Code:
Timer
        Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units in (YourRegion))
        Set UnitGroup[2] = (Units in (AnotherRegion))

Code:
Check
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
        And - All (Conditions) are true
                (UnitGroup[1] is empty) Equal to True
                (UnitGroup[2] is empty) Equal to True

You should use If/Then/Else to check if they belong to hostile on trigger Timer, or maybe use another trigger to prevent units from players to enter there.
For the timers, you should create a variable for Timers and use Countdown Timer - Create Timer Window, and Countdown Timer - Start Timer.

I guess I explained in a confusing way. That's why my reputation never grows T_T if you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Level 8
thank you, il try that. but! theres a but agan. i want 2 increase the nuber of attackers and i dont know how 2 make this repeating trigger (im gonna have like 60 lvls,). cant you use variables and increase the attackers that way?.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It is possible. Create an Integer variable and increase it's value by 2 before every wave.

Code:
Trigger
        Set Int = ([COLOR="Blue"]Int + 2[/COLOR])
        Unit - Create [I]Int[/I] Kobold for Neutral Hostile at (Area) facing (...)

NOTE: The code in blue is an Arithmetic.
The variable's name is Int in this case.

Level 8
Merged Posts

thank you werry mutch

but. waths the variable style? is it unit or wath?

Edited: sorry i got it

but... can you explain 2 me if it shuld be different triggers( and to be activated by a Trigger- start timer...) or if i shuld make all thos triggers 2 1?.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.