• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I'm making a space-age map and I need terrain that would look like the inside of a starship. Does anyone know how I can get something like this?

Level 5
Starcraft II should work nicely for you. Hahaha.

Other than that, I'm not aware of where to find "starship" terrain textures, and it doesn't help that there's no searchable function for terrain textures on the Hive. However, you could try to explore several of the starcraft/warcraft III maps out there, one of them may have implimented a custom texture.

Level 2
Well I do know a map with metal-like terrain, I just can't open it up.
Goes by two names: "Parasite 2" and "Parasite Theta" (don't ask why there are two, I think someone ripped it off lol)

Anyways, its got some interesting metal terrain inside the space station (although the models look odd - silver space peons?!?).

Its protected so I can't access the terrain, and even if I could I don't know how I would take the terrain.

I got another question tho (not to do with terrain): are there any custom doors/gates on this site (or anywhere) that look more space-age?

Level 10
Level 2
Hey thx for the help. Ill check out these links and see if any of this stuff will work for my map. Um another question tho, are there instructions anywhere on adding terrain?

Level 2
for the mechanical door, I dont know if im doin it wrong, but the open door animation just blows the door open. It looks like they mixed up 'Open' and 'Destroy' but im not sure if destroying the gate will open it or what.

Level 2
hey ummm I don't know how to add terrain. Someone told me its like skins, but I dont know how to do that either (they said somthing about the file paths but how am I supposed to find those?)

Level 2
hey I figured out how to use terrain, and thx to u guys I got not only custom terrain but a hole bunch of units and doodads (Konstruck pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.