• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

space terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hello! How can i do an spaceterrain? I want it to be like a lots of stars and a black terrain?
The solution rulerofiron99 gave is about the best WC3 can do. It still looks very bad as the stars are basically flat on the terrain surface giving no feeling of depth to them.

Since you want space, you may wish to consider migrating to StarCraft II which is space themed. It also supports space terrain a lot better as shown in the HotS campaign mission where you control the Hyperion in an AoS style lane push. Unlike WC3, SC2 uses a background which adds huge depths to the stars.

I guess it may be possible in WC3 to do the same if you have the right background model and a transparent terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.