• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soviet/Russian Federation soldier +tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi, though many of you don't know it, ive recently undertaken a small project to make a map about the Russian invasion of Chechnya, (first war, post soviet union collapse).

The map is taking its first feeble steps, beta testing will begin soon, after the chechnyan rebels/military is finalized.

Pics can be found attached, i appologise for the watermark, try to ignore it.
some of these pictures are old and need updating.
The crashed plane there is from a map, since no author has yet claimed it as his work, it goes anonymous, however i belive it (or at least its texture) has been made by illidan(X)evil, as have the "hind" attack helicopters in picture 5, credit will be given to him for both of those models untill someone comes in and claims them (with proof). If Illidan sees this and wants these models out, so be it.

Let me say this here and now: the map was made out of the want for epic battles in a city with russians, i am in no way attemting to make a political statement, i do not mean to offend any chechnyans or russians.

Also: the skins i use are (hopefully) place-holders. The buildings seen are from a War of the Worlds project which can be seen here : http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=84366&highlight=war+of+the+worlds
They were made by Gruftbestie.

The vehicles and cars were made by Kofi_banan.

Note: the map is still in a WIP status, it is not a campaing and as skillfull users will see, is indeed another LOAP map.

But still, LOAP has become more of a template map for much greater things, i intend to fix jobs, prevent unbalance as much as possible (after the beta versions) between the major sides.

The terrain is nearing a final state of completion, while i like to hear comments please send them VIA PM so this thread is not cluttered

There, now none of that map BS will happen, we can get on to the request

Probably something hard to make but to hell with it, i need a russian soldier:
the_russian_soldier-small.jpg

etu.gif

forces200.jpg

Russiasoldier_L.jpg

b000706d.jpg

chechnya_russia25_3.jpg

_40435879_russian_soldiers203.jpg

RussianSoldier.jpg

0822_A99.jpg

US_and_Russian_paratroopers.jpg

ArmyMan.jpg

1013_G40.jpg

VIDEOS Of russian soldiers in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHqIeDnmp_0&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuM3RSv-6g&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lCII7MxFbI&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gjo5dvZQgc&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjV4VS5ZNw&mode=related&search=
(I appologize for the music, hell its the best i could find, better ones may be added)

Details: i want him weaponless, with animations that simulate him firing a machine gun rifle or assault rifle

The fuzzy hat some of them wear as well as the toque is not needed but can be added if one wanted to. (id perfer to have him with a helmet)

the animations can be simple, stand walk attack death dissipate, that sort of thing, no special duck or any animations like that, keep it simple.

note: im currently using a combination of US infantry and weaponless models for my soviets, even one single model Russian infantry model would be awesome.

Final note: i doubt the mods will let me submit my map here, since its a loap and after reading the rules ill need to ask every single original creator of loap and the creator of the specific loap map for permission, thats not going to happen. While I and StankyNuggy's are friends, he has not explicitly given me permission to do this. Quote: (stankynuggys) "Hey unit i like your maps" Me: "so you dont mind me editing loap maps ?" Him: "Just give credit".

While that makes me feel better about what i do it doesnt help with the rules or the mods, and i have no proof beyond memmory, plus i could have just lied there.

when its done ill post a link to epicwar with the map.

Thanks for the time, please help me make these !

Update: pictures of the map added. Yess my terraining skill fails. more info for them can be found above.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090307_133750_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090307_133750_04.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 415
  • WC3ScrnShot_090307_133825_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090307_133825_06.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 464
  • WC3ScrnShot_090407_153255_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090407_153255_01.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 424
  • WC3ScrnShot_090407_153317_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090407_153317_02.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 437
  • WC3ScrnShot_090307_133729_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090307_133729_03.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Level 6
This is one well prepared and nicely presented request! I would make you these models if I could, trust me! :thumbs_up:
Also, did Russia really invade a country after the Soviet Union collapsed? I thought that the next real war in Europe was the Bosnia/Serbian war...

Level 13
Yup, but chechnya is a small country thats preety much inside russia, the last statistics i saw on wikipedia said its population (estimate) was around 1 million or so.

The country rebelled from the union a few times or tried to at least, most of the time ending in the "relocation" of chechnyan citizens.

The country itself is torn by war (think afganistan, but only a quarter of the country, with all the US soldiers and all the taliban in close proximity, and you have this situation.

In fact, just 10 years ago (once again, aprox) a group of chechnyan terrorists took over a russian children school and slaughtered many people !

Russia now holds martial law over some areas of it, others seem to degenerate between infighting with other terror groups and the russians.

Russias military has engaged with them in 2 wars, the first, ending in defeat, the second, spawning this chaos we see today.

Honestly, the russians are brutal and merciless, but they are handling that situation as best they can, its definately not as bad as theyre invasion of afganistan during the end of the cold war.

anyway, my maps about that, currently the beta is ready, id upload it here but credits have not yet been compiled for models, and there are still other general things that need doing (EX: russian side currently only 75% ready, some jobs need balancing, terrorist cell job needs a boost ect)

Suprisingly Chechnya has a largely muslim population !

Edit: i THINK Chechnya still has a government, it certainly can still support a semi-structured way of life, but most people are in poverty and live in fear.

Note: the map is set in the FIRST war, when chechnya still retained some military power.

Once again the maps far from complete and/or balanced. im just trying to make it all work together.

More info can be found at wikipedia, im too half-assed to link it.

Last edit on this: The bosnians and serbians got in a war ? awesome wikipedia link please !

Level 13
Allright, Update: more infantry pictures. some removed.

Edit: someone PLEASE tell me how to post in-game shots here, it keeps stopping me from uploading.
2nd edit: that issue was resolved see first post to admire my shitty terraining skills.

Last edited:
Level 13
I think i got it, thanks
Edit: here we go, i think this will work now
2nd edit: yup there here, the pics are a tad bit old, but hey it has the general look of the map.

Oh and by the way: the entire map (besides maybe the mall) has new terrain. Some models shown here are made by Kofi_Banan, specificaly the police car and ambulance as well as a half-track or two.

Level 13
In the map ? Chechnyan soldiers will be few and scattered, the local militas and police forces are the main soldiers, chechnyas actual army will mainly be there for support, since they are needed elsewhere, they will be tough opponents though, relying on strength rather than numbers.

In the real world : Very little i imagine, as russias and chechnyas military's were joined at some point, and they were once part of russia, its more than possible that they would retain a few soldiers similar to russias.

Model wise ? meh, as i said i have many models being used for placeholders, i may hold on to one and make it the soldier model, oh well. ATM, its just a marine.

Just to confirm: im still only asking for a russian soldier and a BMP tank, i ask for no more, no less.

Level 13
Oh and by the way: the entire map (besides maybe the mall) has new terrain. Some models shown here are made by Kofi_Banan, specificaly the police car and ambulance as well as a half-track or two.

Pics can be found attached, i appologise for the watermark, try to ignore it.
some of these pictures are old and need updating.
The crashed plane there is from a map, since no author has yet claimed it as his work, it goes anonymous, however i belive it (or at least its texture) has been made by illidan(X)evil, as have the "hind" attack helicopters in picture 5, credit will be given to him for both of those models untill someone comes in and claims them (with proof). If Illidan sees this and wants these models out, so be it.

Please read the first post carefully.
Update: I even added some YOUTUBE videos featuring the russian army, hopefully to get the general ideas flowing.

Update 2: +2 new 'tube videos.

Comments please !

Last edited:
Level 13
Oh right because thats the one im already using and the fact that it is NOT weaponless and the model size apealls to me.

Besides, its a United States marine, i want a soldier of the russian federation, note the differences in helmet, camo, standard body armour, guns, ect.

Didnt mean to be totaly rude, but this model is one of the main reasons i made the request in the first place. (No offence to WMA, the model just doesnt suit me).

A better model would be Cavman's UTN soldier, but im already using that as a conscript.
Edit: soory for the premature bump

Level 13
MM, Its a T-34, a Russian World War 2 tank. I Appreciate you guys trying, really, i do. But honestly, ive looked over all the databases here at Wc3campaings Samods and XGM.

Nothing quite fits what i need.

Edit: oh and The Divine Boss: the link you gave doesnt work ?
Says: selected item does not exist ?

2nd edit: more infantry pictures added, about 5-6 tank videos too.

If kofi released his T80 id be willing to live without the BMP, i just need a tank and the BMP is much more flexible model-wise than a T80, but honestly the T80 would be just fine.

The infantry half of the request wont change unless i find a new model somewhere or soneone makes one however.

(There is a good chance JEDI KNIGHT over at XGM may make one from the game Stalker: Shadow of Chernoble, if that happened i'd shut down the infantry half too)

As for supa: there are loads of tanks here, and at filefront, but none seem to fit my purposes exactly, at the momment im using werewulf's chibi tank she submitted ages ago to filefront, but ill take something, anything better if i can get it.

Oh and map-wise: im making good progress on the balance, while russia is still unbalanced its coming along nicely, i may need to update the screen shots i have here soon !

Level 13
Dont feel bad, ive been around longer than you think, i have ALOT of models, chances are your models one of them.

Still, Kofi_Banans T80 would be invaluable to my request, it would effectively cut out the tank part.

Level 13
Sweet ! As for russian vehicles, i would like to know what kind of car your offering. I could certainly use more military themed equipment and vehicles. If you wish i may make a new PM to you.

And thanks for the T80, i know i rather buggered you with it but i thought it was never going to be released ! i was going insane with woory !

Thanks Kofi.

Update: i decided to leave the tank up there, i have updated the reason i still sort of need it, its mainly there if anyone feels like doing it.

Oh and kofi: if you want i can walk you through my map on Bnet, just PM me if you want.

Edit: on the topic of the jet, HELL YES. But i think you should actualy submit it, could be usefull to many.

Level 13
Im already using that half track and the 88mm version. :p

I told you i went through this sites files throughly but, hey, its nice to see someone trying.

Level 12
I am here to support Massive attacks conquest for models, which translates into the fact that there is no way the Overlord is chinese. It has to at least be American exported because that thing is way to cool. And check the voice, souds nothing like a chinese person. Rao, your Y2... tank I cant remember its name looked like an overlord kinda. That was a cool one.

Massive for being so patient, and not killing the hijackers, you get my measly plus rep!

Level 34
Do you also accept concept art of C&C RA2 Sovjet units?
But I tell ya this most of these CA's never been put in the game. But hey,
they're Russian! :p

Attachments

• earlyteslatank.jpg
    earlyteslatank.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 532
  • teslatank.jpg
    teslatank.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 283
  • flyingegg.jpg
    flyingegg.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 755
  • halftrack.jpg
    halftrack.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 750
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 472
  • mammothtank.jpg
    mammothtank.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 482
  • mammothtankcowcatcher.jpg
    mammothtankcowcatcher.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 782
  • miner.jpg
    miner.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 488
  • spidertank.jpg
    spidertank.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 460
  • spiderbike.jpg
    spiderbike.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 737
  • landbattleship.jpg
    landbattleship.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 410
  • centurionscancamostripe.jpg
    centurionscancamostripe.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 553
  • centurionscancamourbo.jpg
    centurionscancamourbo.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 764
  • armoredcar.jpg
    armoredcar.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 616
  • bugterrordrone.jpg
    bugterrordrone.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 658
  • antipersonneltank.jpg
    antipersonneltank.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 659
Level 13
What the hell does that have to do with my request for a BMP-2 and russian soldier ?

Just curious.

Edit: oh and the forth and fifth are, in fact, in-game.

Level 13
Yeah, thats about as on topic as you can get. Russian tank part of the request removed.

Just to confirm half of the request was completed by Kofi_banan, i have given him rep, but because i dont have enough rep myself it wont really count. oh well, if anything its the thought that counts.

Thanks kofi !

Also: the infantry part of this is still open for those who may take it !

Level 13
So am i.

Im a bit dissapointed at all these attempted hijackers, i may need to lay down some indiscriminate justice soon.

On topic: you know im not asking for super high quality right ? it CAN use in-game textures if one wanted to.

Level 34

Attachments

• 1155472873_7_3.jpg
    1155472873_7_3.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 1155472873_2_3.jpg
    1155472873_2_3.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 364
  • armored_AA.png
    armored_AA.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,568
  • shop_10.jpg
    shop_10.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 277
Level 13
A shika medium anti air vehicle would be cool but i do not need it really.

WHAT I DO NEED IS A CUSTOM RUSSIAN SOLDIER MODEL.

On Kofi's link: TheDivineBoss or MechanicalMan tried this on me before. soory, it wont work for me(as in i dont want it, i can get it working in-game fine). Im not using that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.