• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Southfury Banks

This is the Cinematic Version of SfB

The battle for the Southfury River begins! Up to five players fight side-by-side to defeat the other faction's general and to take over the control of the riverside.

The core feature of 'Southfury Banks' are the player-controlled units. These can be upgraded to mighty warriors, stealthy rogues or bright druids, greatly supporting each other.

Together, they fight against the opponent players, seek control of flag points or summon a mighty creature to help them vanquish the enemy general and his officers. At dawn, they try to recover - until the drums of war thunder once again for the battle of 'Southfury Banks'.

- Fight against enemy players in team-based PvP skirmishes.
- Obtain Tomes to upgrade your unit up to one of six unique classes.
- Tomes are dropped by killed players or can be bought at Horde Sages / Alliance Librarians.
- Capture neutral or enemy flags to get additional spawn points and income.
- Kill the enemy faction's officers to destroy your enemy's towers and to kill their general more easily.
- Hand in Flasks of Mojo (Horde) / Arcane Crystals (Alliance) at your main base to summon a mighty NPC.
- Make life harder for enemies by upgrading your faction guards or reviving Sages (Horde) / Librarians (Alliance).

== Version 1.1 Changes ==
* Added cinematic introduction.
* All possible upgrades for a unit and the required tomes are now visible at all times. Upgrades, whose requirements are not met are grayed out.
* Added game preparation phase: 30 second countdown during which players can look around the entire map freely. After 30 seconds, player units are spawned, the camera is locked to each player’s unit, and the game begins.
* Added a respawn timer to the GUI, indicating the time until a player unit respawns after being killed.
* Added a kill / death ratio to the GUI, indicating how many opponents a player killed and how many times he has died.
* Added a player statistics overview, showing a player’s faction, name, kills, and deaths at the end of each game.
* Increased respawn time for player units to 10 seconds.
* Reduced time to capture a flag from 2 minutes to 1 minute.
* Book vendors no longer have health and mana regeneration auras. Instead, they now sell one-time health and mana regeneration for 250 gold.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the Alliance Arcanist and Horde Witch Doctor from being interrupted while summoning.
* Fixed a bug that occurred when more than one players were assaulting the same flag.

Keywords:
Team PvP, Assassination, Domination, Alterac Valley,
Contents

Southfury Banks (C) v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Excellent map. Very much attention detailed, very well terrained, and involving gameplay. Players build their classes up from their peons/peasents and assault eachother's bases. Great work.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Excellent map. Very much attention detailed, very well terrained, and involving gameplay. Players build their classes up from their peons/peasents and assault eachother's bases. Great work.

Level 2
Excellent map. Very beautiful terrain, abilities, spell effects and audio effects fit to the classes. Game mode is very similar to WoW's Alterac Valley: you have to kill the enemy side's general, burn down their towers and, of course, kill enemy players. Very broad and fair gameplay and strategy options for both sides.

Level 7
Unbalanced game... A certain class has a 10 second stun, you get a lot of cash, if you're skilled you don't die (except cuz of 10 sec stun ofcourse), so you always have plenty of cash... And the list goes on... The team that gets the upgrades the fastest wins...

Level 3
Hunters counter Stalker stealth and thus prevent stuns, try playing in a team and you won't have any problems.

There are plenty of uses for "all your cash". Upgrade your guards, respawn book vendors, downgrade to peasant and repick your class to adapt to the current situation (like pesky stalkers), etc...

And just because you have all upgades (btw: what do you mean? class advancement or guard upgrades?) you don't win automatically... try some strategy...

Level 2
Dear "Ultimate_MapCreator",

I am sorry that you could not yet find the enjoyment and awesomeness of Southfury Banks in your early game experiences. To alleviate your judgement, please let me share a few tips on how to deal with the problems you adressed:

.: STUN :.
A rogue / death stalker can only stun you for 10 seconds, when this unit is stealthed. There are several ways to deal with rogue stealth. One, have a lv3 hunter with you (6 tomes of wind). He has an ability named "Flare" which unstealthes rogues. Second, the Warrior's Thunder Clap ability and the hunter's and priest's DoTs prevent a rogue of re-stealthing.

.: MONEY :.
With gold, you can:
- repick your class
- buy tomes for yourself or teammates to upgrade your unit
- buy tomes for yourself or teammates to adjust to the current tactical situation
- upgrade your graveyard guards
- revive slain tome seller NPCs

.: EARLY UPGRADE = WIN :.
There are several and easy ways to catch up in Southfury Banks. One, you can butcher swine and sheep as a peon unit for 100g/each. You can creep monsters close to your starting area. You can sell tomes of slain enemies. Capturing a graveyard grants a steady stream of income plus the reward of killing the enemy NPCs. Slaying an enemy faction officer grants a few thousand gold. You never have to worry, however, that your enemy team will greatly outnumber you in terms of stats, as there are no items within this game and as the maximum number of levels you can obtain is 3. Overall, I can assure you from various Southfury Banks gameplay sessions, that the formula "early upgrade = win" applies comparably much less than the formula "good teamplay = win (and fun!)" :)

(Same of course accounts for "Capture the Egg", where this formula is brought to the next level.)

Level 1
Can someone please give me instructions on how to install this to my game? Every time I put it in my folders be it WC3 Frozen Throne maps, Campaigns, or Scenario, it doesn't show up in-game. I have installed other maps on my game however, and this is the first time I've experienced this problem.

Level 2
Sure, here you go: in order to be able to play this map, you need to have Warcraft III TFT v1.23 installed.

Unfortunately, the map does not work with the current Warcraft III TFT version, as a few changes were made to the editor in patch 1.24 that made this map's version incompatible with the game.

So again: if you set your game version to 1.23, you'll be able to play some awesome team PvP (3v3 and more recommended) matches with your friends via LAN.