• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soundtracks (by Zipper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well the problem is that I've stopped working on it and it has been almost 2 months ago since I last updated it. Also Callex is sometimes logging in and he has 100% left warcraft 3 and is using most of his time on studies and does barely have freetime. I've been very inactive myself and has considered the same.

Well the remake of 2 old sounds is better can kinda better fills the empty silence with ambient sounds. The 2 first soundtracks does also sound good, but I've set the size limit for sounds to quite minimal (using 364kb with the 2 sound tracks, journey and mystery, and 256kb with the combat music -> using quite much size of 620kb and rest is minimal imports of 1.5mb space stuff and graphics) max which my limit of sound size imports. Also I have only 40kbps on the sounds which sounds almost the same with mystery and journey sounds tracks as in full quality, I don't know how much it will impact the new soundstracks by lowering it to 32-48kbps for compressing it.

I cannot guarantee a new version, but maybe a small bugfix version since the team 2 cannot repair their cruiser which is the only bug I know of and noone told me until a few days ago. That also indicates very few is playing cruiser command. I'll maybe add another soundtrack but only 1.

But I doubt I'll work on it again

Level 8
Hi! Thanks for reply.
Yes, i've seen some messages Callex left =( but you're not yet, which is good.
If you ever decide make next (0.82?) with additional fixes, i have to say (that relates to the sounds):

Better to replace Journey (remove from map) with "Leaving Gravity Well",
Mystery - as an existing loop,
Asteroids could turn on more rarely, and probably an additional 1-2(3...) min silence area (maybe im mistaken its already exists with lesser silence areas).

Their relative volumes may have to be adjusted. Maybe that "Human Victory" music could be a bit (not default ofc) pitch lowered and be "on" only for winning team (and something for team of crashing battlecruiser). I found a "bug" that Game Music volume adjusts music volume, but music is still turned on/off as Sound Volume. (I remember some option for "sound", "music" channel). The trigger that turns it off will be unnecessary then.

As for the size, i'll convert my original wavs to 40kbps mono mp3 to see what happens.

Hello to Callex=)

Status
Not open for further replies.