• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Sound: What is The Difference between "Warcry" and YesAttack" sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Sound: What is The Difference between "Warcry" and "YesAttack" sounds

hey everybody. How is the life going?
I would be glad if somebody explained the difference between the "Warcry" sound and the "YesAttack" sound; When does each play exactly? What the condition exactly is. I know that both play when a unit attacks. But, if a unit only has warcry, it rarely plays the sound when it attacks.
feel free to explain other sounds for those who do not know.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 16
Ops, I think your information is.... Q_Q sorry to say>>>>Unless I misunderstood the term attack move.
I just tried it with the captain: when I attack-move (press A and then on the Ground), he say "I am honored:" when I attack my unit, he says "foul beast."
maybe Warcry is attacking in the middle of the battle or maybe just before the armies collide or so, I am not sure.
also I tried with the footman: he says "aye milord" when attacking the ground and "To arms" when attacking. He never said "For Lordearon," which is the Warcry sound

EDITED THREE MINUTES LATER

Level 4
Ops, I think your information is.... Q_Q sorry to say>>>>Unless I misunderstood the term attack move.
I just tried it with the captain: when I attack-move (press A and then on the Ground), he say "I am honored:" when I attack my unit, he says "foul beast."
maybe Warcry is attacking in the middle of the battle or maybe just before the armies collide or so, I am not sure.
also I tried with the footman: he says "aye milord" when attacking the ground and "To arms" when attacking. He never said "For Lordearon," which is the Warcry sound

EDITED THREE MINUTES LATER

thats how i always thought it was but i usually never play attention to what the unit says XD

Level 16
IIRC it's when you order an attack on a hero.

Thank you so much. Good answer. It happens frequently.
I just did almost 45 minutes experiment, and the result is:
1- when I keep clicking on the hero, it says warcry sound most of the time, if not all.
2- when I order the unit attack the hero, then leave the unit attack for a while ( 4 seconds or so) and then order it to attack again, it may say Warcry sound like any other YesAttack sound. but for other units

Any more accurate Answer?

Level 12
Thanks for clearing that up! I've played this game for 14 years and I never realized it played when you target a hero. Sometimes the units would randomly say it and I thought it was a random sound they made in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.