1. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Manipulating and Rearranging Sound Set

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Map Designer, May 3, 2012.

1. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hi everybody.

I wonder what is the best way remake(re ordering sounds of) sound set. I want to use the sound set of Sylvanus, for her, but I want to make some of the sounds for yes, yes attack, warcry and so on, and not only for what, pissed and warcry sounds

1- Is it possible to rearrange it without importing?
    2- If not, do you know a way to reduce quality(in such a way that reduces size but humans does not distinguish.)?

thank you.

2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think your best bet would take a unit with the sound types you want (Pissed, Ready, Warcry, What, Yes, YesAttack), and then replace them.

3. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I want to use minimum size. it adds around 300 kb when I import it to the map. Do you know a program to reduce sound files size? or is it possible to do "use sound as" for already existing sounds without importing and/or....maybe change channel to unit selection or whatever? and then some how use it?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012