• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound Issues! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
When I import a sound into WE, and change the path by replacing all "-" with a "\", only some music files work! I use .mp3 files and stuff. I want custom sounds in my cinematics... I need a sad sound, and found one, but I can't import it!!! What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Level 5
I have a question to ask before I can try to help you.
1. Are you getting errors when importing the sounds to the sound editor or is it a different problem?
If you are trying to play the sound when a specific cinematic runs, you need to change its classification from music to sound. I suspect (might be wrong, but I'm trying to find out what the problem is) that classification as music instead plays as part of the game's music sound track.
Action: Sound; Play sound (make sure its not 3D sound because it will only be heard by people who place place their field of view at the target of the sound) "Your Sound".

Level 5
Check your map for these problems.
1. Incorrect filepaths and custom/JASS script. I'm sure that incorrect custom/JASS script produces errors similar to the ones you seem to be having. Don't know about file paths though. I have imported music in my map but it didn't require a special file path. (I'm going to check the path tonight, so I'll edit this post if I'm wrong about filepaths.)
2. I'm sure you did this one (ignore if you did), but make sure the sounds are in both the sound editor and import manager.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Level 22
What exactly does the error say? You shoudnt need filepaths for sounds unless you are replacing an internal sound (i.e. unit sound sets). There is a difference betweeen saving it as a sound or as music in the sound editor, both would require different triggering. So let us know exaclty what you are doing, then we can help.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
Well. I don't have custom/JASS scripts... and I have the sound in both import and sound editor. I use it as a sound not a music... and the error is that when I try to test the map or save it.. some big screen shows up, telling me that ALL the triggers "Takes nothing returns nothing". And after that the map file is corrupt! I only have this problem when importing music, not sound effects, like voice-acting. I tried re-innstalling Warcraft RoC and TFT, but for no help.

Level 22
*scratches head* well, I must say, I've never heard of that before. Remember that only .wav and .mp3 files will work. My only thought is that maybe the sound file is corrupt. ANother important thing is: are you using WEU or the normal world editor?

So its not voice acting .wav files, just music .mp3's that are causing the problem?
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.