• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help - .MP3 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am trying to import sounds into my map(they are small dont worry :wink: ) as .mp3 files. I import them and than click the little use as sound button(I have also done this using it as music) and it shows up inside the little window and when i go to click play to test it out it sais "This does not seem to be a valid sound file" or something of the like. I converted all the .mp3's over to .wav (i hate .wav they are way to big) and then they work fine...If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix this please tell me.

Level 4
Yes i figured out that the WE didn't like the compression. The files themselves as mp3's were 30-50 kb but converting them to .wav's made them 200-300kb which with around 10 files was just too much. Anyway i used some sound converter i got off the internet the first time but then i used Nero's sound converter and reconverted them back to .mp3. Well it works now guess WE likes the compression Nero uses. Thans for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.