• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Sound effects "crackle" when camera view is wide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm updating Battle for Tatooine. In particular, I'm adding a mode where you can get into your base (or star destroyer) and look out over the battle field. This gives a wide field of vision.

Everything works fine now, except that the sound effects that result when a ship is killed crackles. It sounds like I'm listening to someone with a bad microphone. I'm not sure what is causing this. I thought it was related to the fire sounds of buildings that are damaged; but it's not that. I wonder if the WC3 engine just can't handle the particles and sounds...but the game isn't that busy at this time (e.g. there aren't many ships flying around yet).

The changes are not permanent; when you leave the low angled camera and return to the normal camera the sound effects no longer crackle.

Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

The problem might be with your speakers.
Try running the map on another device and see if it still crackles. Unlikely that the wc3 engine would glitch out of nowhere

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

okay, I'll be waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

^ the problem is with your speaker then I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.