• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soul's WIP Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been toying with the vertex modifier for about a good hour now trying to create the sword thats been in my dreams. To my knowledge the VM doesnt have a "start from scratch" function so I had to use Frostmourne as a base for work from. Figured I'd post a screen shot here, see what people think of it so far.

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 201
Level 4
After about two hours of work (being my first actual model) and careful yet highly annoying detailing work for the skin, this is the fruit of my labor. Didnt come out half bad if I do say so myself, what do you guys think? XD

Attachments

• ss0002.JPG
    ss0002.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 179
Level 4
Ironicly, the blade doesnt look like that in the editor. Even though I cut the black out around the beam effect, its still there when its viewed with the editor or in game.

Level 4
Not sure off hand about the skin size. I used a screenshot of the model when I was mapping, so I'd assume the way it was being displayed was 128x128, I'll have to check it to be sure.

Level 4
I decided to remake the sword so it looks more like the original I saw in my dream. So far, using my noob-tastic modeling skills, this is the best I can do. The skin isnt even close to what I originally saw but I'm not really concerned about that right now. Lemme know what you guys think.

Note that with HappyTauren's permission, I borrowed the handle and blade off his sword and modified them to fit my design specs.

Attachments

• Soul Sabre 4 (2).jpg
    Soul Sabre 4 (2).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 549
Status
Not open for further replies.