• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soul's Footmen War v6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is the latest version to SFW as of 1/17/07. I'm linking it here so more people can enjoy it and so I can get some intelligent feedback on it. I started the map 3 years ago when I became fed up with frenzy. Since then the map has attained over 70 heros and has grown about 5-10x larger than the first version was. I have most of the extra details listed on the map's page on my clan site, the link is in my profile or if thats a problem lemme know and I'll toss the link in here. Keep in mind, this isn't a beta version, I sorta don't believe in making betas for some reason. But anyways, after you play it a few times, drop me some feedback so I can keep making things better. Just don't be like alot of the noobs I've encountered on Bnet and give a general one-liner comment. As an example, don't just claim a heros rigged cuz you didn't upgrade your units. I don't mind it but atleast add some detail to the comment and if there isn't a problem with what the comment is about or if that unit is supposed to be set that way, I'll let ya know. You can download the map from either this link or the one in my sig, they both go to the same page either way. Soul's Footmen War v6.3

Last edited:
Level 4
Since I don't wanna end up making multiple topics for the same map dispite the versions, I'll toss this here. I've begun work on v6.4, anyone that wants to add some suggestions or feedback, should post it sometime this week. I don't have an eta as to when I'll finish, so just keep your eyes peeled. (Refrain from actually peeling your eyes unless you hate your eyelids)

Level 7
Here are my suggestions:

-Add a repick option for heros.
-Add some low-cost charged items like Dust of Appearance and Scroll of Haste.
-Make it so that starting items cannot be pawned at item shops.
-Remove the sound clips at the beginning.
-Increase the time it takes to revive a Hero (in late game, the +250 for one enemy player isn't much of a setback to losing a Hero).

Level 4
First thing, Wulf are you refering to me in your post?
Second thing, judging by the account name, those suggestions came from none other than Admiral_Kelly himself. Thus I'm gonna go over the suggestions since hes throwin some of the at me in the past. No I'm not trying to be ignorant, dispite how my answers my sound, its just my way.

1. Repicking is useless, I used to have it and people would just pick a hero, sell or drop the items and repick. I do recall them doing it with heros that have blink as well, thats why theres an anti-cheat ward there. So, dispite that being useful for some cases, in this case it would just add a cheat to the map which I'd have to spend hours trying to patch later.

2. I already have some low cost items around such as DoA, check the Soul Stone at the center of the map. Scroll of Haste wouldn't do much good cuz you can get a speed boost from the Status Tower's Bloodlust (10% - 100% for 15 seconds depending on the tower's level), 1000 gold and you get more spells, seems like a better investment from my perspective.

3. I don't actually need to make them unsellable, the portals can be rebought in the shop. The boots arint really worth much and the pendant/Clan Soui Medallion I can just set the price to zero, that would make it worthless to sell those.

4. I'll admit the opening clips are finally getting old, I've just about had enough of a farting tauren welcoming me to the match.

5. I'm not gonna bother with respawn times, theres a plan that comes with my madness. Anyone whos played other footmen maps knows how annoying it is to have a hero reviving while your opponent is charging in with their army and hero, totally ripping up your units while your hero isnt even half way to alive again. Even if that would make it easier to beat some people, its not something I'm willing to do right now.

So far not bad, I'll probably use a few of these to help straighten things out. If anyone has an idea as to why theres a server split creeping around in the map and a suggestion to get rid of it, I could use one. Note that rat poison, mouse traps, moose calls, elk scent spray and lobster traps didnt work lol

Level 45
Yes, i have a problem reading red colours and orange colours naturally(common..probably normal too..guessing alot of people have it). Mainly if they are on a white bg though..they...go blurry..and..jiggle...

But its hard to read what your saying..the red ..and the...not..much..gaps..thing...makes it hard to read...I was directing my post at you, since no one else would obviously need paragraphs when they are posting a sentance or dot points. (not trying to be a prick, just in a grumpy mood, no offense intended)

Level 4
Alright, even though red is my favorite color, due to being a pyro, I'll be annoying with lime green then. Wulf, dont worry about sounding offensive, I put up with punks cutting me down for the whole year of 8th grade, I'm immune to just about every insult anyone can throw at me, so I dont take your mood personal. Tauren have you tried changing the site theme your using or just highlighting the text to change it's color while you read? I'm using Ralle Style for mine so almost everything is readable. As for the way I type, its usually ment to be in one huge paragraph. Doos, I dont have an AI yet, I've been thinking about it every now and then but I've never actually moved my ass to make one. Not sure why, maybe I'm just lazy when it comes to making an AI, but I'll see if I can get something working for either v6.5 or 7.0, though I'll probably program it to use alot of my battle tactics...and if that happens, I cant be sure anyone will be able to beat it lol

Level 4
Wow Tauren, could you make that post sound a lil more ignorant? Just cuz I use my usual posting methods, people have to complain like 12 year olds, I thought we were all mature young adults or adults on here and didn't need to resort to this. Seriously, whats so hard about highlighting text if you cant see it clearly? But this is going too far off topic, not like theres much map talk going on now anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.