• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sons of Edorah Demo

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
It's my first campaign that i have made. It is demo of Sons of Edorah. There are three missions in the demo. Please say what you think. Sorry for my english. This is version 0.4

0.2 updates: First 2 maps are now 1, terrain fixes, allot more doodads, fixed triggers, harder battles and two new map.

0.3 updates: New Prince Termek texture, fixed triggers, new cameras, better cinematics, fixed dialogs, fewer soldiers in first map, harder fights

0.4 updates: Minor camera and dialogue fixes

I plan to release 0.5 with totally new first mission.

Keywords:
Sons, Edorah, Jurman, Termek, Endor, Demo, Paladin, Orcs, Humans, King, Demons, Night elves, warcraft, hive, workshop, Veiks, Veiks96, Of
Contents

Sons of Edorah Demo (Campaign)

Reviews
14:17, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected 18:14, 3rd Jul 2009 Linaze: Bad terrain, storyline wasn't good, the cinematics were poorly done, no fade filters, little movement etc. There were several grammar and spelling errors in both the quests...

M

14:17, 2nd Apr 2011
-Kobas-:
18:14, 3rd Jul 2009
Linaze: Bad terrain, storyline wasn't good, the cinematics were poorly done, no fade filters, little movement etc. There were several grammar and spelling errors in both the quests and the cinematics. The gameplay was rather boring and the campaign was too simple.

Level 31
Great storyline, I actually liked it, it's great beggining of pretty nice champaign, but.. I rate it 2/5. And because of that:

1. You've created even 2 maps that could be simple 1 map, you could make simple map not champaign as introduction, I think it was your point to introduce your champaign, right?

2. Not attactive terrain and doodads. The forest should be thick, not like in your maps. You've made it pretty sparse and it's not attractive. I understand you, you wanted to make the way, so night elves could walk through it, however you should make low amount of trees and doodads only there where units will run. The ground is pretty monotonous, simple grass and little bit other. Use almost all ground types, of course including grass. And I don't remember if I've seen any doodad in your maps, maybe I did, but I forgot cause it was unseenable. You should make it as much impressive as you can, to make player more interested. And you put those farms line, I don't know why, you tried to create a village or something? Poor stuff like this is making map boring, everyone would say that though.

3. And about your heroes, two sons, they're the same. Same face, body, spells etc. only way to recognize the needed one to check their names and that takes a while at the moments when you need to do something quickly. Also about 'Night Elves', the night elves' hero belongs to humans though, or high elves, if you knew that so why you call them the night elves and put night elves archers? You did mistake with hero or race, only you know the answer. Don't know how about you, but High Elves and Night Elves has differences.

4. Triggers' problems. I didn't open it with World Editor, so it'll be hard to crituque you, but anyway. At first map I fought and I didn't kill all enemy units when the map ended, that's not good though. You should pay more attention to cameras, it's also monotonous. All those 'NOOOOOOOOO' looks weird, I suggest you to fix that into decent ones, lol. In the second map, there was showing the battle, sons against orc. It was all unnatural. It's like, sparse groups with 2 units fighting with each other, that looks funny, lol.

I've noticed that it's your first champaign or so. It's just my opinion about this map, maybe manny users won't agree with me, but whatever. Understand it as an adnvices, I do not request it all perfect from you, but I hope you'll improve yourself. The only thing I rated 2/5 and not 1/5 is because I liked the story.

Level 1
this was... bad.
im sorry but there's pretty much nothing good with this campaign, maybe its becouse its the demo but there's NO good Terrain. the maps are laughable easy.
first one i just had to use some holy light and none died. second one the lvl 10 guy owned them up. sriosly we want to fight some.

keep it up though. :grin::spell_breaker:

Level 4
Veiks96

Heres my unofficial review on your campaign.

The Good:
1. Good, refreshing storyline.

The Medicore:
1. Terrain, a little bland.

The Bad:
1. Punctuation
2. Some bad triggers
3. No custom spells
4. No non-game camera angles

Can I give you some recommendations?

You've got a good idea for your story, and have got some nice cinematics. Unfortunately your cinematics are let down by bad punctuation and the lack of any interesting camera angles. I understand that your english may not be the best so get someone else to help with prof reading your dialog. Add some new camera angles. Not just the Warcraft 3 game camera. Can I also suggest changing the name of the kingdom from Endor. Not sure whether or not you have seen StarWars of whether you came up with it.

The hero's are likable, but it is impossible to tell the difference between the two in the 1st chapter, because they are the same model. Create some diversity by perhaps using Arthas with Frostmourne as one of the brothers or even try attaching your own weapon attachments. If you don't know how look at this helpful tutorial by konerboy:
How to: Attach weapons to units that allready have weapons (without modelling)
Also try to give the brothers some custom spells (not just Paladin ones).

On the first level, I suggest reducing number of Human defenders under your command and Orc attackers. There were so many that the units at the back were unable to attack the opposition. Either that or widening the gate so that more units can get through.

Fix some triggers. The second chapter doesn't have a button on the 'Chapter Select' window after you've beaten the last chapter. Perhaps making the gate in the second chapter open when you walk over the circle of power with the key might be helpful. It took far to long for me to bash my way through it. :) Instead of destroying your prison gate in the third chapter, make it open. When units are talking to each other, make them face the unit they are talking to. In chapter two when you are ambushed by the raider and the Night Elf archers help you, spread the trees out a bit more so that they can actually get close enough to shoot at the raider. Only one was close enough.

I'm sorry that was so long. Keep up the good work. 2/5 from me.
This is due to the campaign being incomplete so far (it's a demo, I know) and the incompleteness of the chapters bringing the mark down. My score will be greatly boosted if you fix all of the above.

Happy mapping.

The Mechanic