• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something about "lagg" .... >>Read This<&

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok... I'll give you a short information about laggs.

Ok I was working on much maps which had laggs. So
I wanted to know more about laggs.

Ok first of all whats it?
Laggs are very high delays with the game. The game could stop for 0,4 seconds , but maybe for 30 or 50 too.

What makes a "lagg"?
Laggs are bc the map creater doesn't clean the cache

What is the point which makes the lagg very hard?
Ok thats like the headline said , the point. You PLEASE all have to Remove the point u used with spells in your map. U have to use this Script :
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation (udg_(Your Variable Name here))
Ok and Special effects can create laggs too. So please set the effects and destroy them after using.

At the end of the reasons why a lagg was created , there are the UNitgroups. Pick every unit in Playable map area and do ( multiplicate actions ) is very laggy. So please mind the action or use following custom script before you use them:
Custom Script : set bj_WantDestroyGroup = true
Unitgroup - Pick every unit ....

Okay that was it. And remeber SET THE POINTS , use them and remove them from Cache. Cache cleaning is the most important thing you have to do in a map.

Thank you for reading this. Wish you all much luck & fun in map creating :wink:

Level 24
lag is also caused by computers having too much on-screen to process. for example, in some earlier versions of VideoGame RPG there are doodads absolutely running amuck in some levels, and framerate will drop noticeably.

Level 2
What is the point which makes the lagg very hard?
Ok thats like the headline said , the point. You PLEASE all have to Remove the point u used with spells in your map. U have to use this Script :
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation (udg_(Your Variable Name here))
Ok and Special effects can create laggs too. So please set the effects and destroy them after using.

At the end of the reasons why a lagg was created , there are the UNitgroups. Pick every unit in Playable map area and do ( multiplicate actions ) is very laggy. So please mind the action or use following custom script before you use them:
Custom Script : set bj_WantDestroyGroup = true
Unitgroup - Pick every unit ....

---------------------

I want to reduce the chance of lag on my map, but whenever I use either of those custom scripts, it becomes an error. I don't know, am I doing something wrong?

Also, will the second script work for "pick every item in....." type things, and do you have to use the first script even if you're going to reuse the variable a lot? By reuse, I mean I use triggers to set it to different things when they're needed.

Level 8
LoL?^

Exactly that was my text lol^^
You copied and pasted , damn you are a looser *rofl*
:shock:
~~~~~~

What do you mean?
You can Set Much variables and delete than
All variables .

Your custom script for Point Variables without lagg:
Custom script- copy here>>
call RemoveLocation (udg_(YOURVARIABLENAMEHRE))

Custom script with arrays
call RemoveLocation (udg_(YourVariableNameHere)[ForLoop(IndexA())])

that was a short explaination .. hope it was useful

Level 24
haha, you used the scripts that DHK said were laggy? and you wand DHK to tell you how to de-lag your map? that's entertaining...

Status
Not open for further replies.