• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need feedback on these terrains. I am new to terraining and some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

207782-albums5981-picture63609.png

207782-albums5981-picture63610.png

207782-albums5981-picture63611.png

207782-albums5981-picture63612.png

207782-albums5981-picture63613.png

also I have some questions:
1. Is there a maximum number of doodads that can be put into a map?
2. What would happen if I exceed that?
3. Are pathing blockers included on that number?

thank you

Level 11
I think its not so bright and there is room for allot of improvement, so I will give my opinion to you:

1. Tiles do not match, Have you ever seen a terrain like this mix of tiles? Change that, and Outland is, by itself very hard to work with so I would change the type of terrain.

2. Doodads are not placed right, and again tiles dont fit with the models now... Red and Green!? (Not good for my eyes!)

3. Get better models since WC3 models are low res.

4. When showcasing terrain hit 'I' so you hide those pathing blockers and start up fog by pressing 'V'. If the map is to be playable than the pathing blockers are needed but If not you dont realy need them so remove them :)

5. Do you think the Blue water fits those models that are hellish looking ( I dont)

And that Is it from me, still there is allot more to improve but just keep going and you will make it!

respect, marko9

Status
Not open for further replies.