• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some random terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh, another days of boredom and here's kinda spammity result.
The map nearly kills my computer, but do tell if there's something to fix.
sighs.png

Level 14
I quite like it, maybe tint the rocks a more blueish hue, and instead of showing the trees trunks use the World Tree one; it should look a whole lot better.

And another thing you could experiment with is the tinting on those lightly colored bushes, perhaps making them purples, or reds. Other than that the ground has really nice texture.

Level 14
I personally like the fact that you used a tree that most people don't use, the only issue is the stump.
So either experiment with this same tree just adding a world tree trunk over the existing one,
in effect keeping the leaves, or use the Elveswoodleaves.mdx that's in the UTM.

Level 18
notice in the picture that the roots of the world tree look unrealisticly FAT.

Try changing the Z,X,and Y ratios of the model so that the roots(and the entire tree) look a bit more realistic. Good models to use as leaves are the Ashenvale trees, loads of bush models, or the other tree model which is extra thin and high quality (all in the UTM, sorry if u dont know what i speak of >.<)

i can elaborate more if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.