• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey everyoone!!!
I have just started to "create" icons with GIMP and I have some questions.
1. Which is the best brush to use to make Wc3 icons???
2. In this tutorial NFWar, after creating the hole pic he shapens it. How can I sharpen my icon in GIMP??
3. How can I create a background???
4. How can I create a semi-transparent fog and add it in front of my pic?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Level 23
1.) I think the solid circle brush with differing sizes is the best.. I really can't imaging using square shaped brush for icons..
2 - 4.) I think these are more easily done with photoshop coz it supports layers and you can easily apply layer style for the fog in photoshop. In GIMP, I'm not really sure as I never have used it.

Sorry I couldn't give much help. I really have no experience in using GIMP.. X3

1. Depends. There are literally thousands of brushes out there. You will have to find ones that fit your own needs the best yourself.
  2. Filters --> Enhance --> Sharpen / Unsharp Mask.
  3. Create a new layer. Go to your Layer Panel and drag it below whatever layer you want.
    Note that you always want to work with many different layers.
    Never work in a single layer or merge them before you're finished!
  4. Add a new layer. Draw your fog or whatever you want to add. Go to your Layer Panel and change layer opacity.

Sidenote: one exlamation / question mark per sentence is enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.