• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions about custom stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi everyone.

I need to modify the damage of a hero, his health, his mana, attack speed, etc... based on a custom stat system. I'm not talking about Strenght, Intelligence or Agility, as I'm using my own custom stat system and those three will be used for different things. The custom stats are integer variables, and I need a way to increase the health, the damage, the mana, movement speed, armor, etc... depending on those stats. How would this be done?
It's the first time I try to make a custom stat system, so I don't really know how can this be done. Any tips?

:vw_wtf:

Kind Regards

Level 9
What about items ? they are helpful too . try to give an item a specific ability that increases HP or MP . then give it to the hero

Like deathismyfriend said, I don't want to use items, the hero can only have 6.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is not what I need (I find very useful, anyway :thumbs_up:).
I understand this Custom Stat System is an easy way to make items give almost any kind of stat bonus, and it also allows item socketing. However, this is not what I want.

My idea is that the hero's "stats" will be something like "Physical Strenght", "Physical Defense", "Magical Power", "Magical Defense", "Speed" and "Dexterity" (completely custom), and, for example, the hero's damage will be based on the Physical Strenght, his armor will based on the Physical Defense, his attack and movement speed will be based on the Speed stat... etc.
I don't think the system you pointed will allow me to do this... (maybe I'm wrong, maybe I misunderstand what it can actually do).

My question is: Can this be done? And if it can be done, how?

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.